The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

420a coil pack and wire upgrade, Worth It?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeathJunior

Proven Member
Jan 19, 2017
Springfield, Missouri
So I just finished the fresh rebuild on my 420a. New pistons, rods, Crower stage 1 cams, water pump, oil pump, valve seals, new gaskets on all surfaces. I'll be turbo-ing the car in the future but for now it's NA. Only real HP upgrades to it are the cams and header. Would it be worth it to swap out the coil pack and wires? It has some cheap aftermarket plug wires already and the stock coil pack. I'm installing a set of fresh ngk plugs anyway. Would it be worthwhile for anything else? I know with my other car forums it isn't. However here it might be.

If the coil pack is in spec I wouldn't worry about it. Plugs should be changed and maybe wires if they are more than a few years old. Factory replacement wires are fine.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back