The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

4 point harness in Canada!!..Legal???

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KaLo_o

10+ Year Contributor
Mar 9, 2009
Quebec, QC_Canada
hey Everyone from Canada, if you are...

I have the power seat belts setup...i dont really like them at all. therefore i did some research on 4 point harness and saw a lot of set ups with racing seats. i need somebody from Canada with Straight answers about how to make them legal for street use in Canada...if its even possible??? please do not post any random i think this and i think that.....ive done a lot of research and i am having a hard time to find what is actually true! thanks...

Should be fine if it's Dep. of Transportation approved like the above poster said, and it must have a red release with the word "push" for paramedics or it's illegal.

Apparently the only street legal DOT harness' are the Schroth Rallye 3 and 4.

thanks a lot guys....thats what i thought! if anyone else can state information thats fine...ill keep reading this post

Here's what I've found:

Seat belt assembly must not be removed or altered

106. (1) No person shall drive on a highway a motor vehicle in which a seat belt assembly required under the Motor Vehicle Safety Act (Canada) at the time that the vehicle was manufactured or imported into Canada has been removed, rendered partly or wholly inoperative, modified so as to reduce its effectiveness or is not operating properly through lack of maintenance. 2006, c. 25, s. 1.

Source: Highway Traffic Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8

So it seems that to use a 4pt harness, you'd probably have to ALSO use your stock 3pt system.

Legality is just a technicality right...LOL. i bought a set of sparco 5 points and im just going on the fact that most Texas cops are incompetent. I cant speak for the mounties so good luck, i found that schroth are too expensive and hard to find

I live in Edmonton and me and my buddy go cruising all the time in his Colorado with a 4 point set up, we've been pulled over LOTS in that thing and so long as i had it buckled in the middle they have never given me a seatbelt ticket

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back