The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

4.6 ford tps wiring hook up?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If you have a volt meter it will be easy to tell by some simple tests. But first off, does it have a pig-tail of wires or just a plug? If there's wires, list thye colors and i can probably tell you which one is which.

Ok, it is just a plug with 3 terminals. I am going to try and find a wire pigtail from ford or a junk yard so I can hardwire it in to the dsm harness. If anybody knows which terminal is what let me know though. I have a volt meter. How do I do this though? I just bought the multimeter but, I am not sure how to use it yet.

Attachments

• 1685_throttle_sensor_1996_2.jpg
    1685_throttle_sensor_1996_2.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 838
Ok, I got it wired in & the car running. I am however seeing high 20.4% throttle at idle or 1.21 volts at 850rpms. The tps voltage is a direct resalt of base idle set screw. I can't really lower my base idle any more. I was reading on the mustang forums that the desired voltage at idle is 0.6v-1.1v or 0% at idle. Well I would like to get it to 10% on my 1g. Is there a way to adjust it?

Also my wot is at 92.9% on the logger now. It was at 99.6% with the stock tb. How will that effect my a/f ratios? 92.9% is as high as the mustang tps reads and 15% is as low as it will go removed from the tb. This tb does not have any place for a iac or no bypass of air at the throttle plate. I am wondering if I drill a small 5/16" hole in the throttle plate if it will raise my idle enouph to adjust my base idle set screw down to 15% which is as close as it can get?

Lastly, does anybody have any pics of how they rigged up the closed idle position switch?

Ok, I got it wired in & the car running. I am however seeing high 20.4% throttle at idle or 1.21 volts at 850rpms. The tps voltage is a direct resalt of base idle set screw. I can't really lower my base idle any more. I was reading on the mustang forums that the desired voltage at idle is 0.6v-1.1v or 0% at idle. Well I would like to get it to 10% on my 1g. Is there a way to adjust it?

Also my wot is at 92.9% on the logger now. It was at 99.6% with the stock tb. How will that effect my a/f ratios? 92.9% is as high as the mustang tps reads and 15% is as low as it will go removed from the tb. This tb does not have any place for a iac or no bypass of air at the throttle plate. I am wondering if I drill a small 5/16" hole in the throttle plate if it will raise my idle enouph to adjust my base idle set screw down to 15% which is as close as it can get?

Lastly, does anybody have any pics of how they rigged up the closed idle position switch?

Hey man, did you ever get the ford tps working on your 1g? I'm having the same issue. I'm also using the same ford tps that you have. How did you get your ford tps to read 10% at close throttle and 100% at fully open throttle? Also, what did you in regards to the close idle position switch?

Thank you very much .
Jorge.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back