1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

2G 38mm vent gauge pods

Posted by ohlegend, Mar 26, 2019

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
  1. ohlegend

ohlegend Proven Member

Joined Apr 2, 2012
    Pemberville, Ohio
    I am in the process of developing a 3d printed vent pod for the 2Gs. I have a set of 38mm Evo 9 MR sport gauges, and no good place to mount them. The .stl file will be free public domain. I am making both left and right (center) vents. Attached is the right vent version 1.0. I still have to make a few changes, but the gauge fits! 20190326_080038.jpg 20190326_082034.jpg

Street Build 6K  14  6

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    fwd · automatic · 2G DSM
    ohlegend

732  0

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    automatic · 2G DSM
  2. Kai Hefner

Kai Hefner Proven Member

Joined Jun 21, 2018
    Calgary, AB, Canada
    Interesting! Dimensions look slightly off but as much as a 1.0 is expected to be. I'm not the biggest electronics guy, but do you think that the wiring on the back of a guage could withstand heat over a long period of time? I would be interested to make a vent that basically deletes the air aspect and just serves as a guage pod.

Street Build 231  1

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    awd · manual · 2G DSM

Road Race Build 445  1

1998 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 2G DSM