The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

3 beeps before Eclipse 2g starts

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LaLlamaQueRie88

Probationary Member
Jan 15, 2024
Getafe, Europe
Hello everyone, I have had a beautiful European black Eclipse 2g for less than a year.

The thing is that I would like to get my car to make the three beeps before starting that the Americans do.

Does anyone know what part I need? Can you send me a link to it?

Is it possible to do it or should I give up?

I have been told that it is simply changing the starter relay.

Can someone shed some light on my doubt?

Here I leave you a photo of my child at the moment of uploading this post.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Attachments

• 20231229_220339.heic
    3 MB · Views: 24

At minute 8:30 it is emitting them and when the ignition is turned on they sound again.
It may be what mahreeoh17 says.
My vehicle doesn't have that. Do you know how I can do to integrate it?

could be a lot of various things, are all your door open sensors plugged in ? ever replaced your ignition tumbler? havent had any personal issues with it myself but these are a couple things that come to mind

I saw the picture and said - woah - That looks amazing.

@LaLlamaQueRie88
Please create a vehicle profile with all the details.

This is my GSX key on - many beeps. Is that the beep he is looking for? In my case I think that is the door open key on warning?

Last edited:
Right, Justin, that's the beep I'm looking for. Can anyone tell me what system the vehicle has to reproduce them.
A relay and some open door sensor I understand.
Could you provide me with the plan of said parts in which I have nothing.
If I take some time tonight I will create the profile of my vehicle, I apologize, I am very new to this forum thing.

What you need to do is put the key in the ignition and open the door. If you dont hear any beeping, check that you have door switches hooked up, and then check the key tumbler. The beeps start as soon as the key in in the lock in the off position. The beeping never stops while the door is open and the key is in.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back