The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

420A 2gNT Regarding 420a ATX

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chiefs4life96

Probationary Member
Apr 21, 2021
Hurt, Virginia
Hey, I'm learning about cars and could use some help/pointers. I have a 1997 420a base eagle talon with the four speed auto and I was wondering if it was possible to add a 5th gear, that or will other transmissions such as the 420a manual 5 speed fit exactly? Really I just have no idea how any of that works LOL. I like the 420a but if I was to build on it some I would love to have that 5th gear. I don't mind the autos knowing it allows me to manipulate the shifts I just want the higher end speed there..

You can swap over to the manual 5 speed NVT350. You'll need to find a manual car that is being parted out or find one in the junkyard that has everything you need. But if you don't know a whole lot about cars then maybe you shouldn't dive right into a swap like this. How confident do you feel in your ability to do something like this?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back