The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

2ga-2gb acl bearing kit?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

96eclipseawd

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 26, 2008
lake butler, Florida
I've found two acl main and rod bearing kits. It says one is for 95-96 and one for 97-99. I want to know what exactly the difference is because the 97-99 kit comes with thrust washers and it's only a couple bucks more. The other kit was just the bearings. The only part #'s that match on either kit is the rod bearings.

One is 95-97 and the other is 98-99

The 98-99 7 bolts used a split thrust washer design

Then 95-97 had the thrust washer built into the middle main bearing.

If your car is a 96 then get the 95-97 or "2ga" kit. The "2gb" kit will not fit.

Any reason for needing the bearings to begin with?

If you have spun a bearing or have a knock, you will need to polish out or cut/replace your crank also. Along with checking the big end of your rods for scoring.

Well my transmission went. So I now have a replacement trans., but I am using this as a reason to pull both. Nothing happened to the engine at all, 120k on it. I'm just gonna go ahead a build it now. I seen these and was confused as to why there are 2 kits. Thx for the quick response. Now I know.

Get your crank micropolished while it's out too.

Less then $100 and good peace of mind

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back