The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2g poll

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hova

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 6, 2005
orlando, Florida
:thumb: wanted to know how many 2g owners traded there 7bolt for a 6bolt due crankwalk or any other mechanical failer and was it worth it for the swap

I did it just to do it so i wouldn't have to worry about crankwalk. No regrets.

Previous owner spun a rod bearing in the 7 bolt... now its rockin a balance shaftless 6 bolt (including intake mani and 1g head).:D

im gonna be doing it soon...just bought the car with a non running motor (harmonic balencer) so i decided to just pull the motor and put a built 6 bolt in it...

I put a rebuilt 7-bolt in last January (2005) and it is running just fine for me. I am not too concerned. Seems the crank walk issue is over rated. It does happen, but not as often as you might think.

Crankwalked my 7-bolt with just under 90k on the clock. Dropped in a BS-less 6-bolt, and loving it.

I started out by rebuilding a 7 bolt and it was great for about 8k until I put a 2600 on it and it cw'ed in about 700 miles. So now I have a fully built 6 bolt and I dont have to worry about it again

Every single 2G I've owned had a 6-Bolt swapped:D . No regrets except for the random/multiple cylinder misfire.....but then again it's nothin stand-alone can't help.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back