The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Spool RPM poll. Well sort of poll?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

curt2go

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 18, 2005
calgary, Alberta_Canada
I have been having a little trouble wraping my head around spool rpms and such so I want to ask a few questions to come to a conclusion.

(when I say full spool I mean if you mbc is set to 15 the rpms you are at when you hit that psi.)

1) 1g or 2g?

2) Size of your turbo?(eg. t25,14b,16g,20g etc)

3) Auto or manual?

4) Any mods to exhaust or intake side that would effect spool rpms(Downpipe,porting etc)?

5) Full spool rpms from a dead stop in first gear?

6) Full spool rpms from rolling around 2000-3000 in 2nd or 3rd gear?

If I have missed any thing then just add it. I have done a lot of searching and thinking about this but there is really no thread on this where everyone just puts their results for all to see. Thanx for the input and hopefully I will come to a definitive conclusion.. Please answer all the ?? if you are going to participate 3 of the 5 won't help me very much. Thanx again.. TTY ;)

:talon:

curt2go said:
I have been having a little trouble wraping my head around spool rpms and such so I want to ask a few questions to come to a conclusion.

(when I say full spool I mean if you mbc is set to 15 the rpms you are at when you hit that psi.)

1) 1g or 2g?

2) Size of your turbo?(eg. t25,14b,16g,20g etc)

3) Auto or manual?

4) Any mods to exhaust or intake side that would effect spool rpms(Downpipe,porting etc)?

5) Full spool rpms from a dead stop in first gear?

6) Full spool rpms from rolling around 2000-3000 in 2nd or 3rd gear?

If I have missed any thing then just add it. I have done a lot of searching and thinking about this but there is really no thread on this where everyone just puts their results for all to see. Thanx for the input and hopefully I will come to a definitive conclusion.. Please answer all the ?? if you are going to participate 3 of the 5 won't help me very much. Thanx again.. TTY ;)

:talon:

im gunna start off by saying i have a 1.8 l turbo =)
1.1g
2.14b
3.manual
4.2.5 inch to the back
5.5k probably =\
6.2nd gear maybe 4300 3rd seems more like 4100 =)

1. 2g
2. evoIII big 16g
3. auto
4. equal lenth header no cat with straight pipes and a 40 series flow master
5. 3200 @ 18 psi
6. 2900 @ 22 psi

oldman said:
I don't remember, car has been on jack stands for 8 months. :D
dsm owner: one whom has the ability to endure much pain and anguish for long periods of time, or in our cases, a car that hasnt been running for months... although for me its only been about 1.5-2 months... but its looking like ill be finished some half a month from now... if im lucky...

stock 14b, manual, completely stock everything, awd, 3rd gear pull, 17 psi, about 3200 rpms...(like i said its been a while since the car ran, and even longer since i drove it, and EVEN LONGER since i ran it at 17 psi, cuz when i did i got some 30 counts of knock...

Thanx guys. This is totally helping.. I will leave this going till the end of the week then compile in hopefully some sort of readable fashion.. :) TTY

tstkl said:
dsm owner: one whom has the ability to endure much pain and anguish for long periods of time, or in our cases, a car that hasnt been running for months...
Or you have a second car, lazy and can't get off tuners like in my case. :D

1) 1g awd
2) pte 5252, 60-1 stage 5 exhaust
3) 5 spd
4) 3" turbo back, test pipe, 1mm os valves, comp 101200's, ported head, smoothed intake, ported 2g manifold, 3" dejon intake, 3"gm maf, 2.5 ic piping, fmic
5) I dont know, happens too fast. I am too busy getting ready to shift
6) 3rd gear, 24 psi, 4200-4300 rpm's

Any more before i put all this info into something for everyone???

Come on a couple more.. TTY :D

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back