The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Lifter Poll

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

94EclipseGST

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 1, 2003
Des Plaines, Illinois
Okay, how many of you have replaced your lifters with revised lifters?

How many of you still have ticking after the replacement of the lifters?

Should I spend the money on revised lifers, or is it pointless because every dang DSM is going to tick no matter what you do?

Thanks,
Steve

I just purchased the 3g revised lifters I havn't installed them in my engine yet but the oil holes are about three times the size. My friend has had them in for about six months with no lifter tick.

I have the 3rd gen revised lifters...they work fine with no lifter tick so far. It has been about a year now, and I felt a performance difference when I put them in..of course one of the lifters collapsed.

i got mine from partsdinosaur also, work great with no lifter tick.

Well, I'm excited now. I ordered through partsdinosaur and expect the new lifters by Saturday. I never dreamed of having a tick-free DSM. The silence will be deafening! Thanks for your responses--I was worried that these didn't really work, because I had heard one guy who changed them and still had ticking.

I just got my revised lifters from the Partsdinosaur. I swear I ordered on a Thursday and on Friday those suckers were at my front door (go with this guy if you're buying revised lifters--only $8 each and next day service!).

Anyway, I'm going to put them in on Sunday and see what happens. I'll post.

I started using valvoline 10w40 high mileage and k and n oil filter and bam no more tic. The k and n has a check valve that keeps oil in the head so it doesnt tic. Besides you should all know that with heat viscosity lowers(oil gets thinner) And being that dsm's run pretty hot, and the oil goes through a turbo 20 w50 wouldnt be too bad.
Andrew

sure 20W-50 won't be THAT bad once the vehicle is up to running temp, its when the car has to get up to it that oil isn't going to flow so smoothly. Then when the car cools down that oil is going to cake to the bearing of the turbo quite nicely.

I think anyone that needs to put a higher weight of oil in their vehicle needs to look into getting new lifters, the only reason the lifters don't tick is because the oil resistance is greater on the lifters. Essentially the oil is hiding the ticking not fixing it.

I got my lifters installed yesterday they clicked until I drove it around for a minute or two now you can't hear them at all. My car even drives better not registering knock. :thumb:

Yeah the revised lifters kick ass. The silence you get is worth so much more than you pay =)

unless your driving a car that has a oil cooled only turbo or you boost the hell out of it and put it away wet you shouldnt have problems.
Andrew

Okay everyone, got the revised lifters from Partsdinosaur, and installed them yesterday and guess what...NO MORE LIFTER TICK!!! :D

The process only took about 1 1/2 hour and was so much easier than I thought. The rocker arms came off very easily, as long as the cam gears were rotated a littled and the lifter was not compressed. Putting the rocker arms back on was a little more difficult.

I recommend this to anyone having lifter tick, because I had done whole oil and filter dance, to no avail. After you see that minute hole in the lifter, there's no point in even cleaning the lifters.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back