The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2g piston 1g rods (Oil Squirter Concern)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cj062989

10+ Year Contributor
May 20, 2009
North, New_Jersey
OK, so I want to do the budget build if you'll call it that. All im looking to make is about 400FWD ponies. I had my sights set on the DSM Graveyard"Frankenstein Connecting Rods w/ NPR 2G Piston - 6 Bolt" and im planning to bore .20 over. I was doing some research and I stumbled on a post that was on the topic of the 6bolt oil squirters and the beefy 2g piston skirt. The post mentioned the piston hitting and knocking the squirter in the oil pan causing the engine to fail. it also mentioned using the EVO oil squirters as an alternative to avoid collision.

HERE IS WHAT I'M LOOKING FOR:

1. I need people that are running this type of set up to share their experience?

2.If the squirters and 2g pistons do collide what alternative do I have?

3.How are NPR 2g pistons?:D

4. if Evo oil squirters are an alternative, what year Evo oil squirters should I purchase?

5. Should I go .20 over?

Last edited:
I've build 10+ 6 bolt with 2g piston engines and 90 percent of them have npr pistons. I have yet to have any issues with the oil squirters. As for boring it. What ever it takes to clean up the cylinders is what you need done.

Your block will not take a .20 overbore you will be in the water jacket by then. .20 =13/64 or .20 = 5mm (almost)

Now your block may need a over bore of .020 to clean it up if it has cylinder wall wear, or some other odd wear pattern. .020 = .5mm

I'm running npr (same as oem) 2g pistons and they are good pistons. Alot of guys are running them at 25 lbs of boost+ with no issues.I also run them with a 4g63 na block and oil cooler. I kind of wish I had gone with a stronger piston and rod combo. only because I ended up getting carried away with the build. I guess I'll be pushing the npr's till they pop.

I once had this idea, and then I decided to go forged. I suggest reading the vendor reviews before you jump in the cold water. Infact check out my tech post about it. As far as the squirters go I would search for the thread there is one on here showing the lenght difference.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back