The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

2g logger ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RSTeclipse97

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 19, 2008
York, Pennsylvania
Ok ive done some searching and cant find what im looking for. It seems every answer i find is for the gst gst. Obviously i have the 420a so my ? is what to use for a logger and soft ware. I have a laptop so is there something for it. I went to ebay looking for loggers but had no success. what should i type to try and fin d a used one and same for the software. Sorry if this has been discused but i cant find it. Please help me out guys,thanks in advance

I think i may of found my answer finally so correct me if im wrong please. Pretty much any palm pilot/pda with os and the cables from pocketlogger.com. Is this all i need or is there more software needed to do the tuning stuff. please let me know. Im trying to gather everything to actually tune my car the right way thanks

There's no difference between the GS-T and the GS in terms of datalogging. They both interface to loggers via the ISO OBDII bus. Any ISO OBDII datalogger will work.

I plan on buying the one from pocketlogger.com, They work of off the OBDII plug so the ones for the 2g GSTs well work with our cars too as long as they plug into the OBDII

Our cars don't read knock like a 1g turbo though do they. So a logger like the ones he's talking about for a turbo model car wouldn't be able to keep track and logg knock???

Our cars don't read knock like a 2g turbo though do they so a logger like the ones for a turbo model car won't be able to keep track of logg if you were to try and tune yourself would it?

Are you sure about the knock thing? And please retype that i cant understand half of it ;)

Our cars don't read knock like a 2g turbo though do they so a logger like the ones for a turbo model car won't be able to keep track of logg if you were to try and tune yourself would it?

What are you talking about? The knock sensor is right below the intake manifold, to the right of the oil pressure sending unit.

VelocitàPaola;151481724 said:
What are you talking about? The knock sensor is right below the intake manifold, to the right of the oil pressure sending unit.

Sorry I meant 1g not 2g. I know where the knock sensor is. Just from how people desrcibed how the knock sensor fuctions it didn't seem like it would be able to read knock fast enough to where a logger could count the amount of knock. I have yet to tune a 420a so I haven't had a chance to see this. My original post was a question not a statement.

Still... our cars have knock sensors and report the data through OBDII comm..

Ok guys thanks a lot and i presume that when you buy pocket logger, tunenstein or what ever the software included is all you need besides the actual palm correct?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back