The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Resolved 2g keyless entry problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gs98Gs99

Probationary Member
Oct 13, 2016
Carthage, Tennessee
1995 gst, just finished the awd swap and now that it's at my appt. I wanted to be sure it is locked up with the alarm. Purchased a used remote off ebay, used the 97+ program method and the remote connected but only the panic button works. Could it be an issue with the alarm control box or am I missing something?

Attachments

• 15666945531718505926273946964706.jpg
    15666945531718505926273946964706.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 109
  • 15666946131878631055304098782648.jpg
    15666946131878631055304098782648.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 76
Solution
Thanks for the help! I figure out pin #1 on the receiver was not seeing switched ignition signal. Once I repaired that wire everything worked great! Sorry for the very late reply fixed about a year ago and thought I would update with the fix.
So I purchased a used control box and installed it and now I cant get it to go into programming mode. I figured the one I bought was trash so I put the old one back in and I can't get it to go into programming mode either. Is there a related fuse for the keyless entry or am I missing something.
Tested all my connections at the OBDII port, I have power to pin 1, ground on pin 4 as well and still nothing. Tried grounding pin 1 with a power probe just to see if pin #4 was a weak ground and still nothing. Anyone else had this problem?

97+ method is the only one I could find that worked, and it did work on the old box, but once I put the new one in I cant get either to go into programming mode. The old one still sets the alarm off if I hit panic.

And do you know which pins on the control box I should be seeing power on?

So I returned the second control box and recieved a third that was pre programmed to a remote. Installed and all I get is the panick button like the original 1 I had installed, doors will lock if I use the switch in the car but nothing from the key fob. So I've narrowed the problem down to something in the cars internal wiring. What I need help finding is a pinout for the security control module. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

Make sure that the sensor is installed on the back of the drivers door lock assembly. Also, when you push the button on the remote to lock or unlock, you have to push and hold the button, not just press and release.

Checked the sensor on the driver's door lock and it is on good. And I tried holding the buttons a million different ways and still nothing. I only get the panic, so I know the receiver is working, just no signal from the receiver to the door lock relays.

Thanks for the help! I figure out pin #1 on the receiver was not seeing switched ignition signal. Once I repaired that wire everything worked great! Sorry for the very late reply fixed about a year ago and thought I would update with the fix.

Solution
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back