1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

2G ECI Multi intake manifold?

Posted by RadDsm, Dec 30, 2009

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned
  1. RadDsm

RadDsm Proven Member

Joined Apr 28, 2008
    Tigard, Oregon
    So I have a spare intake manifold for my 2g that says ECI multi on it, are there any differences than a normal intake mani?

If there are, is anything different needed to make it work, and are the difference worth using it for?

My car is a 97 if that makes a difference.

Thanks for the help.

2. RadDsm

RadDsm Proven Member

Joined Apr 28, 2008
    Tigard, Oregon
    Its definitely a 2g intake manifold. The head ports are small, the TB opening is smaller, and it has an MDP sensor on top.

3. JEFFREYCASTGSX

JEFFREYCASTGSX Proven Member

Joined Oct 1, 2008
    hobbs, New Mexico
    Pics? There are other variants of intake manis that say eci multi.

501  8

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    manual · 2G DSM
  4. the_mork

the_mork Moderator

Joined Mar 10, 2008
    Eau Claire, Wisconsin
    It is a Hyundai 4g63 manifold. I've seen some reports that they are an upgrade to the 2g manifold but I have yet to see any logs or dyno numbers. By rights it should be a better manifold based on the limited understanding that I have of intake manifold design.

More info:
    http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/bolt-tech/316991-budget-intake-manifold-tb-options-3.html

The first 2 pages of that thread are mostly about other stuff but still worth reading.

4K  0

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GST
    automatic · 2G DSM