1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

2g driveline into a 1g

Posted by zipfast1997, Oct 19, 2019

Please Support Southbay Fuel Injectors
Please Support Morrison Fabrication
  1. zipfast1997

zipfast1997 Proven Member

Joined Mar 20, 2015
    worcester, Massachusetts
    Anyone ever attempted this? I did...wasnt too fond of the idea but I bought the engine and trans dirt cheap...engine was rebuilt so that was a plus...t used the 2g trans which gave me not only a better shifting trans but the front engine mount bracket as well...i swapped the CV input shafts from the 1g shafts and was a full success on fitment to the trans...used the lower end of the 7bolt and all mounting brackets needed for the 1g setup...1g head was also used along with new stretch head bolts...the only mod mounting wise was to move the front mount over 4 inches to the left to use the trans mounted engine mount via a home made 1/4 inch plate...the rear engine mount bolt holes are in the block just unused...any questions please feel free

2. motomattx

motomattx Proven Member

Joined Dec 9, 2010
    wampum, Pennsylvania
    Maybe some pictures of said modifications would be good for the future.

Drag Race Build 3K  16

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM
  3. zipfast1997

zipfast1997 Proven Member

Joined Mar 20, 2015
    worcester, Massachusetts
    Absolutely...have no idea why it wouldn't do them earlier but to check it out go to Facebook and look up twinfactor mustang and dsm club...the build is there