The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G 2G camber setting

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr D

Probationary Member
Jan 8, 2005
Holland, Europe
Can anybody tell me what the guideline is for the camber setting , front and rear.
I have an 97 Eclipse witch runs on 19's and is lowered.
I have an FWD witch can tear the tires apart in a few runs. I had to buy two sets of camber control witch i am going to instal but is there a setting i can try. Is 0 degree camber good ?? it is good for maximum grip but can i drive with that. I really dont know why a camber should be any other than 0. It seems best for the tirelife and grip and handeling. My springs are very stiff so there is not much travel. Can anybody help me.

mr D said:
Can anybody tell me what the guideline is for the camber setting , front and rear.
I have an 97 Eclipse witch runs on 19's and is lowered.
I have an FWD witch can tear the tires apart in a few runs. I had to buy two sets of camber control witch i am going to instal but is there a setting i can try. Is 0 degree camber good ?? it is good for maximum grip but can i drive with that. I really dont know why a camber should be any other than 0. It seems best for the tirelife and grip and handeling. My springs are very stiff so there is not much travel. Can anybody help me.

Camber aint sh&t to front tire wear... Its the toe... Toe will eff up a lowered cars front tires fast...

Fix the toe... rotate your tires and look at the near stock like wear pattern as compaired to the lowering induced TOE tire shredding..

Tire wear TOE>Camber...

Leave the CAMBER alone in front and set the TOE to stock settings. Set the rear CAMBER to less negative camber than the front by about 1 degree...

Hmm i will dig in to that. I thought that the toe in or out was for the straight line setup. More - toe and the car was better handeling for the straight roads and less nervous but with more tire wear and slight performance loss.
The problem is that the innerparts of my front tires wear a lot. I have the Pirelli Zero Nero as tire of choice and have it for 2 months and the inner wear is 3x that of the outer wear. It is a very soft tire so it was a lot more obvious than it was on my previous Toyo tires.

I still think it is the camber but every piece of info is welcome. Thanks so for and i am going to check the link. I didnt find it at first. ( didnt look good enough i know :nono: )

D

I have just started to read the camber and toe settings from the link and this is what i am talking about indeed.

From personal experience:

1) Camber changes the lateral dynamic load on the tire surface. A car with a lot of static negative camber puts more load on the inside edges of the tire. In extreme cases with a wide tire, a lot of static negative can even lift the outside edge clear of the ground.

My daulie is on air ride and it can have negative camber or positive depending on how much air is in the bags no biggie doesn't really wear the tires its the Toe that will tear the rubber off.

if you are "toed out" you will wear more on the inside of the tire. As the vehicle rides down the road the side load on the tire will cause a small roll of the sidewall and cause the wear to be more on the inside than the outside of the tire.

That sounds very sensible too. But if it is toeéd out it will wear the inner part of the tire, because of the negative camber ;)
If it is toed out and has 0 camber than the wear will be overal. I will get the front at 0 toe. And get a slight negative camber. It is in the -2.? / -3.0 somewere now. -1,5 should be fine.
At the rear -0,5
The wheels slightly toe in at the rear.
That should be the best setup if my read calculations are correct.
Thanks.

My daulie goes about hummm -30 hahaha the frame in the front is C notched for the Control arms. :thumb:

Attachments

• 1RAM2NV.jpg
    1RAM2NV.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 206
:thumb: case closed i will copy your settings. :p

mr D said:
That sounds very sensible too. But if it is toeéd out it will wear the inner part of the tire, because of the negative camber ;)
If it is toed out and has 0 camber than the wear will be overal. I will get the front at 0 toe. And get a slight negative camber. It is in the -2.? / -3.0 somewere now. -1,5 should be fine.
At the rear -0,5
The wheels slightly toe in at the rear.
That should be the best setup if my read calculations are correct.
Thanks.

Toe out causes tires to wear on the inside.
Toe in causes wear on the outside.

Do not confuse toe and wear with camber. We have been over this again and again in this forum. In spite of all the advice you get from us to the contrary, you may still be convinced that your tire wear is caused by camber issues. That's fine, just don't try to convince us.

I am sorry. :rolleyes: please forgive me. Maybe it is because i have just spend 250 for the camber control units and and and.... :rolleyes:
I will get the toe at 0 first.
I am very thanksfull though.
D

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back