The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

2G 2g auto in a 93 Summit

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Havoch

Proven Member
Apr 15, 2019
Mission, BC_Canada
So, I have this snag in my swap process. I am pretty sure that my transmission is stuck in limp mode. It was never separated from the motor and worked fine prior to the swap. Seems likely that it will be a wiring issue but we all know mysterious shit just plagues DSM life.

I am curious who knows more about what the TCU needs to see in order to operate properly. Currently there is a green wire for I believe b62 #38, but that seems to be for cruise control, or maybe A/C, not sure at this moment. Also, the speed sensor was replaced with a speedo cable so the TCU doesn't have a signal from that either.

That is all I know so far.

Oh, yes, still have to get and install an OBD2 connector to try and read any codes.

And the main harness for the swap is from a 95 Talon. Most of the wiring is OEM so hopefully this won't take too long to suss out.

Any thoughts are welcome. Thanks.

It needs 12v+ on 2 wires I believe and ground. Should be seeing the pulse generators, vss and rpm signals. My TCU was going into limp mode because of the VSS, which on a 1g, is made into the speedometer so I went to a stand alone aftermarket TCU, Forcedfour SmartShift 100.1. It is a nice unit. For your application, I would almost say to take the stock TCU out and replace it with that unit and you would be happy. The software that comes with it also allows you to see and clear codes and ignore some also.
Just throwing that out there.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwiO-abcn9DtAhWxuVkKHeI4CfQQFjABegQIAxAC&url=http://www.forcedfour.com/smart100_1.htm&usg=AOvVaw2_zprzHODAsXSjyz67S-CT
And
https://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/forced-four-shift-box-help.518415/
Marty

thanks for that Marty, I was considering things last night and i realized that as of yet i haven't hooked up the OD switch yet either. What i may do (if it works) for now is use the 2g VSS and just not have an operating speedo for the time being just to make sure there is no other reason for limp mode. I have an Eprom TCU so would socketing that be an option?

Would something like this be able to give me the correct signal for the 2g TCU?

Attachments

• Screenshot (7).png
    Screenshot (7).png
    68.6 KB · Views: 39
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back