The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2900ACT Street disk PROBLEM !?!?!?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pursuit

15+ Year Contributor
Apr 3, 2007
las vegas, Nevada
I have 2900 act pp clutch with street disk, my idle it's 2000rpm and some times when i push the clutch the RPM go down and the engine turns off.
What can be the problem !?
I have brand new engine on 200 miles,maf-t,dsm link,75mm bbk tb,288 bc cams,wiseco 9.1 cr pistons. the engine working very good not smoking or bad noise, i break in the engine with 20w50 castrol gtx.

HELP :sosad:

Check for crankshaft endplay. You may be crank-walking the thrust bearing on the main journal.

A 2900 pressure plate is way overkill and is not a good choice due to its extremely high pedal pressure that puts a hellofalot of thrust load on the crank. Check your oil pressure as well.

Are you sure that you have the clutch properly installed and properly adjusted?

I have 2900 act pp clutch with street disk, my idle it's 2000rpm and some times when i push the clutch the RPM go down and the engine turns off.
What can be the problem !?
I have brand new engine on 200 miles,maf-t,dsm link,75mm bbk tb,288 bc cams,wiseco 9.1 cr pistons. the engine working very good not smoking or bad noise, i break in the engine with 20w50 castrol gtx.

HELP :sosad:

I have a PTT and mine does that on COLD starts.

However,
As twicks said, that clutch is just stupid heavy and you probably dont have it installed right.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back