The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

20th Annual DSM/EVO Shootout!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Did i miss something or what. Why isn't anyone camping at the track?

To each his own. Not everyone can handle the heat and prefer the comfort an air conditioned hotel room I suppose. I however will be roughing it for the weekend at the track too! I have already camped there at the track twice this year for other events and I love that we have the option to stay at the track for this years Shootout. Can't wait! :hellyeah:

I like camping at the track, I was pretty pissed last year wene we got to the track and found out that we couldn't stay there. We stayed at the camp ground down the road from the track and it sucked and waking up early to pack up sucked too.

I like camping at the track, I was pretty pissed last year wene we got to the track and found out that we couldn't stay there. We stayed at the camp ground down the road from the track and it sucked and waking up early to pack up sucked too.

I hear ya. I hate packing up and driving to the track in the morning too! :notgood: This will be great for us this year. Eat, sleep, race, and repeat.:thumb:

Less than 4 weeks away guys!!!! I can't wait for my journey there! I'm trying to convince my chick to come with me because this new build on the VR4 is costing me alot of money so if she comes she can help with the hotel haha but if she can't come, I'll have to camp out at the track in my car or something. But I'll be there! =)

I'll be on the way there first thing aug 15th, anybody else wanna cruise out there with me that's in that direction?

The bon fire so everyone knows is Friday night after the Dyno day at our shop. If anyone wanted to they could camp in the field behind our shop (where the fire will be) but I FULL EXPECT EACH AND EVERY PERSON TO CLEAN UP THEIR MESSES AND TAKE THEIR TRASH WITH THEM. Each year I pay a couple local kids to walk around and pick up drink bottles, paper, food wrappers etc., so the town doesn't ask us not to do this anymore. I also pick up trash throughout the day, which I find ridiculous, my 8 year old daughter and 14 year old son know better than to leave their crap laying around.

Also, about the complaining about the camping being cancelled. I had to pay $960 for banners that were stolen from the track. IF anything like that happens again this year, burnouts, banners stolen, property damage or anything else there will NEVER-EVER BE ANY CAMPING AGAIN.

The bon fire so everyone knows is Friday night after the Dyno day at our shop. If anyone wanted to they could camp in the field behind our shop (where the fire will be)

Thank you for that Dave!:cool: I will be taking you up on the camping offer and I ALWAYS clean up my messes, so no worries there. I will treat it as if it were my own property.:)

Dave - Can't start the Bonfire without me. Remember that.

As for trash - We'll assemble a group to walk around and check. If we find any, we'll drag them out of their tent and say " Jigs' up. We're takin' out the trash." and proceed to toss the trash in their tent.

:p

Only trash I'll have is water bottles, and I throw those in the garbage cans. I would love to help you clean up though man, it would be an honor to clean up at Buchur Racing

If i make it out... which i might add my girl is insisting i go... i will be camping out in my truck as well. It definitely will help out in the trip costs.

Any word yet Dave about the swag bags when they will start being available because you said something like only 1000 will be available. Definitely will get in line for those if need be.

I still don't fully understand what these swag bags are all about.
Can somebody explain it to me? =)

They help you to hop up' outta' bed~ And turn your Swag on?

If they'll have a 20 anniversary DSM shootout logo on them, then I must have one. I'm driving 20+ hours one way so I would like to think I deserve one haha but I'll pay =)

Swag bags........we did a 20th Annual DSM/EVO Shootout back pack for this years event. First time we've done it. We had 1,000 of them made. They are a black nylon bag with an external pocket that zips closed, then another mesh compartment on the outside of that. The top closes with the draw strings that double as the shoulder strap for the back pack. The logo is kick ass, we used the logo from the track when it was called Norwalk Raceway Park and the logo was their winner sticker from the 1960-70's etc. We then mixed that with the 20th Annual title. It's just cool as hell. NOBODY gets a bag before Saturday, that INCLUDES myself and my kids and believe me they are begging me and I want one too! haha

There you go, posted a picture of them. There is also a 20th Annual DSM/EVO Shootout window sticker this year and you can see the piston/rod key chains from Wiseco pistons they donated. Forced Performance is putting in a 5% coupon for money off any of their signature turbos. I have more stuff coming from other shops too. The bags will be given to first 200 racers with their paid entry and the remainder will be sold for $10.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    44.2 KB · Views: 36
Omg I want one of the bags and a few decals. I understand that I can't have them until Sunday but is there a way I can pay now and have them reserved?

I just don't wanna miss out on this. Oh and a shirt too, I can't wait to see how the official tshirts are gonna look like.

SATURDAY IS THE OFFICIAL RELEASE DAY FOR THE BAGS, not Sunday. I'd guess by Sunday they may actually be gone or most of them anyway.

Reserving a bag is a reasonable question I guess.....hmmmm.....I think to save us the hassle though I am going to say "no" to reserving a bag. Think of it this way, there are probably going to be 3,000 people there this year, if one in three buys one we will sell out. Your chances are good, just get there Saturday;)

I feel like I'm gonna be the one driving his car the farthest and not get anything =( Ok so when and where on Saturday exactly will they be sold?

I feel like I'm gonna be the one driving his car the farthest and not get anything =( Ok so when and where on Saturday exactly will they be sold?

Mike, I'm heading up there a day earlier and will be there for the bag releases. I'll snag you one if you want.

Can you get me one of the bags and like 10 decals and a large tshirt and I'll pay you when I see you? Thank you soo much!! =)

Aren't you coming in Saturday GSXTSI? It's Friday, Saturday and Sunday. We will not be releasing ANY stickers or backpacks on Friday. Saturday morning when the gates open will be the start of the release of those. Event shirts will be sold all three days. We have had up to 400 (I think) event shirts made in the past and sold out of those.

I should be arriving in Ohio late Thursday night so I should be at the shop by Friday morning, so I guess I can just get them myself on Saturday morning at the track then. I'll get my tshirt Friday morning at your shop. Thanks =)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back