The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

ECMlink 2.4L Low SD High Airflow per Rev

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schafer240

Proven Member
May 30, 2021
Kelowna, BC_Canada
Car ran great previously on stock computer with a Safc with fic 650's, Been having this issue with my car since I got link with SD and pte 1000's

Im mostly looking for common causes that would lead to this, i have searched on here and the ECM Link Forums and havent came up with much results, seems like everyone struggles with high values.

I have to raise my SD starting table values to 65, which is way to high on my 2.4 stroker to get a .27 value. At a table value of 50 I get around .20 airflowperrev and my load factor drops to .10 and drops out of closed loop.

Extensive Build list can be seen here --> https://www.dsmtuners.com/dsm-profil...eclipse.16254/

Compression tested 185psi straight across on cp pistons
Mechanical timing is correct
Ignition timing is correct
Fresh br7es plugs
Boost leak tested to 30psi
Fuel pressure set to 43.5psi
Pte 1000cc injectors
Wally 450

I attached a quick idle log, I know my isc position is high, I have been playing with the throttle screw and it is a pain to dial in as I have a 74mm S90 throttle body and they don't have a bisc screw, I keep getting it close then it wanders.

Ive taken the Evans tuning course and read lots on link so I understand the program and how it all works, other than how to manipulate my airflow per rev without over inflating my reported airflow values in my SD chart.

Thanks in advance, I'm really stumped on this one.

Attachments

• log.2022.10.05-19.elg
    13.2 KB · Views: 23
Hopefully I can help someone in the future with an update to my low sd per rev issue. The only way to make the tune work was to over inflate the values (Starting at 65 values) of the speed density table or else the load factor would drop too low and the car wouldn't enter open loop.

I recently had time to toss my billet Gsc S3 cams in and my VE values shot through the roof and I had to correct the table values down to what they should of been previously. (Starting at 50 values)

Conclusion

Upon cracking the head open, I found it to be bone stock. I believe that with the factory 2g cams with a 2.4 bottom end it chokes the airflow so bad it messes the sd per rev scaling.

Ive been having this same issue. Car is ready to tune. All built 6bolt bottom end. Stock cams and springs fic high z 1200cc injectors. Cannot get to the .25 afpr without raising ve way up. I have the car idling nicely at 750 rpm in closed loop front o2 oscillating, 14.7 afr but afpr is .19-.20

Been debating getting cams and being done with it. Was ur issue resolved with some lumpy cams?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back