The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

2.3 stroker using oil

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HIGHPSI4

20+ Year Contributor
May 11, 2003
Vale, North_Carolina
I have 1300 miles on a rebuilt 6 bolt that is using a qt. of oil every 300 miles. Pulled the head and had oil in intake manifold. PCV and EGT are removed. Turbo is not using it and the pistons/rings are great. I have lots of carbon build up on the valves and head but the plugs are good and clean. Where can the oil be coming from? thanks

valve stem seals are one possibility. if they ae installed wrong it could be seeping into the combustion chamber which would explain the carbon build up. did you use o.e. stuff when you did the head?

My 2.4L long rod (same pistons as a 2.3L but bigger bore) didn't like having the PCV valve removed. It would burn oil at idle without it. Plumbed it back in and all is well. Another fellow with (swordfishgsx on here) had the same problem, he fixed it by getting a valve cover with -10 AN vents on it.

If it smokes at idle pop the oil cap loose and see if that stops it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back