The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

2.3 Stroker Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boosted99_420

10+ Year Contributor
Apr 26, 2010
Fort Carson, Colorado
Ok so aftera few years with DSMs i am finally doing a 2.3 stroker and going to AWD. Here is my current list of parts i am planning on dropping in.
the car is a 91 TSI AWD

6 Bolt 4g64 Crank
Weisco 8.8:1 Stroker Pistons
Stock 6 Bolt big rods
E3 16g (19psi)
FP Turbo Manifold
E3 O2 Housing
Full 3" Exhaust (No Cat)
3" GM MAS/ MAFT
HKS SSQV BOV
ECMlink V3 full
ARP Studs
Cometic Head Gasket
BC 272/272 Cams
AEM Cam gears
Greddy Boost Controller
AEM Wideband
AEM SAFC
Greddy Turbo Timer
BC Valves
BC Valve springs and retainers
Cyclone intake (If i can find one)
Walbro 255lph
Aremotive FPR
Still looking for a good FMIC anyone knows one let me know. (im a 2g guy and cant find a 1st gen one)
Still desiding on clutch anyone recomend a good one

Im pretty sure im forgeting something but this will be a year long project buying parts here and there for it, the engine build is first so ill be running a 2.3 stroker with a 14b for a little while and a good stage 3 clutch. Then ill get fuel system, then E3 16g, and so on and so on.

No need for the SAFC if you are going to be running link. Other than that looks good, I too will be doing a similar build here soon as well, just waiting on selling another vehicle.

Plan on adding a stage 3 or higher transmission if you plan on going for higher numbers later on.

Plan on adding a stage 3 or higher transmission if you plan on going for higher numbers later on.

Yea im planning on a dogbox soon as build is complete this will end up beeing my drag car. And since i dont need SAFC ill get a different toy to put in.

You can do a punishment racing intercooler for your 2g.

You can do a punishment racing intercooler for your 2g.

I have a Mishimoto on my 2g eclipse, i just cant seem to find one for my 1st gen (the one im building)

Does anyone have and feed back from a VRSF Intercooler kit for 1st gen? I found it and looks pretty good to me

I have the PR FMIC which is similar to the VRSF. Easy install once you clearence the holes in the core. Can't complain one bit, except that maybe a couple of the couplers could be a bit longer for better fitment from the pipes to the core depending on mounting location.

How much clearance would i need to make cause im gonna get the FMIC and small things after i get the car put back together and do some trackdays to get used to launching AWD (which i have never done)

Depends really, mine needed opened up all the way from side to side and atelast 6-8" upwards.

ahh ok but i have a friend that knows allabout 1st gens and im gonna be doing build at his house.

I had a punishment, which i installled in the rain on the side of the road. Vrsf = no fogs, Punishment= fogs. Make your choice. I personally dont like my fogs with an intercooler.

I had a punishment, which i installled in the rain on the side of the road. Vrsf = no fogs, Punishment= fogs. Make your choice. I personally dont like my fogs with an intercooler.

What do you mean fogs? I have never heard this term since ive been messing with boosted cars. But im kinda new to FMIC though my gst i recently got was first DSM i really dropped come cash into engine and performance wise.

Nevermind i thought about it fog lights LOL. I dont really like fogs on a 1st gen with FMIC.

what do you mean fogs? I have never heard this term since ive been messing with boosted cars. But im kinda new to fmic though my gst i recently got was first dsm i really dropped come cash into engine and performance wise.

Nevermind i thought about it fog lights LOL. I dont really like fogs on a 1st gen with fmic.

keep or dont keep your foglights...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back