The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

2-3 flare

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jasper16g

15+ Year Contributor
May 16, 2003
Morgantown, West_Virginia
Ok, I have been getting a really bad flare when in 2nd. If you are at part or full throttle it hits about 4500rpm then flares up to 6k and shifts into 3rd. If I put it in 2nd and run to redline and manualy shift it is fine. Is this just typica 2-3 flare that the shift kit will fix? I also notice that it only does it with more power (higher boost or tuned better).

Jason

how old is the tranny. when was it rebuilt

Yeah, how old is it. Shift kit might put a patch on it for awhile. Might be a good time to freshen it up before it self destructs.

The tranny is a 95 model, as far as I know original with about 90k miles on it. I just need it to last thru the summer until Fall when I put the new motor in. I then plan on having IPT go thru it and freshen it up. So you think the shift kit will solve my problems for the meantime?

Thanks,

Jason

it might help it depending on how bad the clutches are.

I would say it will not hurt anything. Go for it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back