The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

1st gear grinding/popping, 2nd and 3rd gears grinding.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eckorulez

20+ Year Contributor
Jun 19, 2002
Bloomington, Minnesota
So i was wondering if anyone could help me out...

1st gear is popping, and 2nd & 3rd gears are both grinding. Master and slave cylinder both recently replaced by a shop. Once the grinding worsened, i stopped driving it, and noticed a puddle of tranny fluid underneath the car. Not sure where the leak is coming from, but I'm guessing that could have something large to do with the grinding and/or popping. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Center support bearing. Input bearing. Probably the torrington bearing between the input and mainshaft. Rebuild time.

When the bearings wear, and they do. They cause mis alignment in the gears. If you keep driving, you probably will have to change damaged gears also.

Fix it quick. Good Luck

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back