The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

1st Annual Northeast DSM Meet

When do you want the meet poll?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I started to photoshop the gray spyder from above. I honestly like taking out unnecessary stuff, such as stickers, bumps/dents, and just making the car look cooler than what it already is. What i have so far is all the grass has bee removed except for the stuff all the way in the back, which adds a lot of depth to the car, and cleaned it up a bit, and removed the top two stickers on the hood. It looks awesome right now. I will post up when im done with it.

James :laser::talon:

Well, for one your car in your avatar still looks green to me :p Glad to have met you too, I like that some of us can finally put some faces to names. As for photoshop practices, I'm still not very good with it, so I do very slight touch ups. I generally like to shoot in RAW (damn me, it was in JPEG fine the whole time) so I can adjust pretty much everything after the fact, but some color/contrast adjustments, straightening tool, exposure, and a soft light layer is all I use most of the time. I must have to say that cropping for the right photo is my biggest focus. I like to shoot the same pictures on several different lengths so I can crop out as much as I want (along with battling distortion and stuff with a wider lens).

Although I love cars and photography of cars, I'm trying to branch out a bit more with other genre's, mainly for hobby of course. here's a set from eastern state penitentiary I shot about a week ago.

Login to a private Photobucket.com album

Those are some really nice pictures. Where is the penitentiary located? I'd love to visit that. I have a wide variety of genre's that I like photographing and desolate areas/buildings is one of them. I'd love to visit Chernobyl!!

I wish my camera supported shooting in RAW. What do you mean by a soft light layer? I agree with the basic color/contrast, straightening, exposure, and cropping. They're on my list of basic adjustments as well. I usually don't have to do much cropping though as I don't have the option to shoot wide angle with my camera :notgood:

I didn't even know you came? Were you the 2gb parked waaaaaaay out behind the dmpster? :p Sorry I didn't feel like shooting later in the day :(

haha yeah that was me unfortunately. when i got there i also had problems running wayyy too lean so i was a little side tracked. oh well! ill definitely want you to take some pictures of my car at the next meet :thumb:

Those are some really nice pictures. Where is the penitentiary located? I'd love to visit that. I have a wide variety of genre's that I like photographing and desolate areas/buildings is one of them. I'd love to visit Chernobyl!!

I wish my camera supported shooting in RAW. What do you mean by a soft light layer? I agree with the basic color/contrast, straightening, exposure, and cropping. They're on my list of basic adjustments as well. I usually don't have to do much cropping though as I don't have the option to shoot wide angle with my camera :notgood:

Eastern State Penitentiary is down in Philly somewhere. Also known to be a VERY haunted location. Ghost hunters went there, and they found some stuff. It was freaky!! It on youtube somewhere.

haha yeah that was me unfortunately. when i got there i also had problems running wayyy too lean so i was a little side tracked. oh well! ill definitely want you to take some pictures of my car at the next meet :thumb:

You get your car straightened out?

cool meet fellas some very nice, fast cars there. the green 2g that followed behind me on the way out, your dogbox sounds like pure sex LOL. my pleasure meeting all of you. we should shoot for a track meet next time. jersey guys should come check out the meet in moorestown best buy on tuesdays .

The only way i would want to do a track, is if its a real meet. Like hundreds of dsms. I know its possible. But, its a long process, and needs to be organized. It would be a lot of fun though. Renting out the track only dsms. That would be the shit.

Or we can just all meet at eastern state penitentiary and get the living shit scared out of us. We go down in the tunnels and see some wild stuff. LOLZ

this was well worth the trip i showed the pictures of the meet to my dsm buddies and now they regret not going and want to come to the next one so do you want to do a semi anual meet or an anual meet id come out one more time before the summer is over and fall sets in

this was well worth the trip i showed the pictures of the meet to my dsm buddies and now they regret not going and want to come to the next one so do you want to do a semi anual meet or an anual meet id come out one more time before the summer is over and fall sets in

well, there's always the JMF open house in September :sneaky:

Thanks, but she looks like shit right now. You can push a few buttons and make her look better right? :)

Thanks man, and yea ESP is right in Philly :cool: My girlfriend and I have a developed a knack of going to Philly for our day trips instead of heading to the lame-o nyc all the time. If you hit CTRL+J and make a duplicate layer, on the top right it will have a little drop down menu of what you can do to the layer you just created. soft I believe is just 'softly' highlighting the blacks to create a much more contrasty look (I turn opacity down to like 25%). Another thing I like to use (like the front pic of your car) is the heal tool, no more bugs/chips/etc on the front bumper! Some careful paint matching really helps to for the cars that bottom out too much (gray spyder :p).

Oh, If you get a D80/D300, the sigma 10-20 lens is plenty wide for the fun photos :rocks: Besides, if you're staying p&s for a while, wide angle is only a couple of steps backwards.

Are you guys able to click the pics I posted up for the higher res? I know mozilla allows it, but not sure of IE.

OK who the hell is gonna man up and head to the shoot out? I'm hoping to see some of the wonderful DSMers that I met at the picnic. Blkspoonlin I remember you said you would go. So I better see you there. :D And besides that we need your photo skilz there too.

:laser: :talon: :dsm:

But seriously if you do go can I get you to take some shots of my car? I wanna work on getting a sponsorship proposal togather and need some great pics.

Thanks man, and yea ESP is right in Philly :cool: My girlfriend and I have a developed a knack of going to Philly for our day trips instead of heading to the lame-o nyc all the time. If you hit CTRL+J and make a duplicate layer, on the top right it will have a little drop down menu of what you can do to the layer you just created. soft I believe is just 'softly' highlighting the blacks to create a much more contrasty look (I turn opacity down to like 25%). Another thing I like to use (like the front pic of your car) is the heal tool, no more bugs/chips/etc on the front bumper! Some careful paint matching really helps to for the cars that bottom out too much (gray spyder :p).

Oh, If you get a D80/D300, the sigma 10-20 lens is plenty wide for the fun photos :rocks: Besides, if you're staying p&s for a while, wide angle is only a couple of steps backwards.

Are you guys able to click the pics I posted up for the higher res? I know mozilla allows it, but not sure of IE.

I may have to make a trip there then since it's local. If you and your gf happen to make any weekend trips to some more photographic spots, let me know if you wouldn't mind and we could meet up. :thumb:

I'll definitely have to play with PS more. It seems like there's a lot of smaller things I don't know about. The heal feature sounds like a good one - and seemed to do a good job on my dinged up front bumper!

What all lenses do you have? I'm sure you've posted some up before in other threads, but I'm too lazy to go look.

I'm able to get a hirer res picture if I click on one them zoom in (using Firefox).

the green 2g that followed behind me on the way out, your dogbox sounds like pure sex LOL.

Haha, thanks. It's not quite as "pure sex" sounding after the hour drive though!

my pleasure meeting all of you. we should shoot for a track meet next time. jersey guys should come check out the meet in moorestown best buy on tuesdays .

Go to the East Coast Mitsu day at Etown. I'd also be interested in going to Atco some Thursday or Friday night for some runs. It would be fun to have a big DSM crowd go. When it gets cooler there are generally less cars there.

Haha, thanks. It's not quite as "pure sex" sounding after the hour drive though!

Go to the East Coast Mitsu day at Etown. I'd also be interested in going to Atco some Thursday or Friday night for some runs. It would be fun to have a big DSM crowd go. When it gets cooler there are generally less cars there.

We without a doubt will have the laser at E-towns Mitsu day. We were there last year with the talon and the eclipse. Last year it ended up being on the same day as the Shoot Out in Ohio. This year we can do both...:thumb:

:laser: :talon: :dsm:

Yo, Kevin, pms on here aren't working so im pming you on tst regarding those markers.

edit: I can't pm you on tst either, my guess is you elected to not receive pms from users. So....fix it and ill pm you.

Yo, Kevin, pms on here aren't working so im pming you on tst regarding those markers.

edit: I can't pm you on tst either, my guess is you elected to not receive pms from users. So....fix it and ill pm you.

LOL more like I got temp. banned for calling King_of_Delco a weetad. paahahaha

tst is srsbizness

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back