The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

1G Talon with Evo 8 Brembo Brakes ? can it be done?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4Motion4g63

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 27, 2005
Lawton, Oklahoma
Ive got a chance to pick up a full set for about $500bucks Just wanna
See if it is Easy or Gonna be A full custom job. Basicly Do I need to
Spend more and get whats built For it, Or is this an Easy swap?

My car is a 91 Awd Talon, And the Evo8 is a 2004.

My guess is that it isn't an easy swap or you would see more people doing it. Would make a great tech writeup. You might be able to make a custom caliper bracket and use the calipers. However, I doubt you will be able to use the rotors. Good luck and keep us informed if you make any progress.

This is nowhere near an easy swap. There are companies still trying to build brackets so we can run them. Just wait for them to come out and buy there already prefabed brackets.

For $500 I bet you could buy them up and make money selling them off. I have seen listings for used Evo 8 calipers for $300 - $350 each. Are you talking just calipers and pads or rotors too? Anything is possible, just depends on how much you are willing to spend. I would think this kind of conversion would be crazy expensive if they even fit behind a 16" wheel. Don't get me wrong, I am all for doing a car different. Keep us posted and let us know what you end up doing. Good Luck.

I've seen it done on a 2g using overseas galant knuckles but have yet to see it done on a 1g.

the overseas galant knuckles would fit a 2g..

in fact,the overseas bracket fit too.

if you could source the outlander turbo bracket and rotors,youll get a sweet big brake setup (ive done the same using 1g gsx calipers, outlander turbo brackets nd outlander turbo rotors with stock gsx pads. the discs are 296mm )

i can post the bracket oem partnumbers if anyone wants em.

or what about the bear kit? isnt it like $600 ?

EDIT: hold the phone guys,

as it turns out, the distance between the bracket mounting holes on the dsms (all dsms inkl gvr4) are 130mm ,the evo 7,8,9 have 160mm..

a 4g63/mitsu shop here are working on getting the evo brakes to fit for dsms, mirages etc etc,i will let you all know when theve finished testing and when these adapter brackets (replace the whole bracket,not some goofy spacer) are finished.

boosted_91_tsi said:
For $500 I bet you could buy them up and make money selling them off. I have seen listings for used Evo 8 calipers for $300 - $350 each. Are you talking just calipers and pads or rotors too? Anything is possible, just depends on how much you are willing to spend. I would think this kind of conversion would be crazy expensive if they even fit behind a 16" wheel. Don't get me wrong, I am all for doing a car different. Keep us posted and let us know what you end up doing. Good Luck.

I have a EVO 9 and the stock brakes are hard to fit behind a 17" wheel most after market wheels are 18" to clear the brakes due to offset.

so a 16" is not going to work well.

You know, for about $400 or less, you can get two brand new Mitsubishi Stealth 4-pot calipers or two new Wilwood FSL's with custom brackets. I just can't see spending a grand for some Brembo take-offs...

Come to think of it, you can pick up some new Mits 4-pot calipers and brackets for a few dollars over $200. Rock Auto has the calipers for $65ea., + freight.

Well If I cant buy them cheap enough, then I wont bother with gettin them.

Looks like its prolby just too much work compaird to buying a bolt on kit, I wouldnt mind
trying if I had better tools to "fab Up" something to work but, Ive seen plenty of good
Cheap alternatives to these that are much easyer swaps.

Just to add some Info the Car has 17'' 2g wheels on it, And I could buy EVERYthing attached to the Brakes all the way up the struts. Its my Buddies EVO that was totaled, he slid sidways into a Light pole when his V/C failed and he hydroplained at 40mph, Saddly this killed the passenger, Yeve's We miss him alot.
I could Pick the car clean for a few grand, but since there isnt much left thats usable, The breaks were the only thing I thought I could use since non of the Engine stuff works in the
1g and 2g cars.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Be on the lookout for a similar topic as this in the next few months...I might actually be doing this project :D

A friend of mine got an entire set of Evo 8 brembo calipers FREE. He wants to have an adapter made to fit them on his MR2, but it looks like he isn't going to have the money to do it, and will likely sell them to me dirt cheap.

It just so happens that my license was suspended recently (a bogus DUI, don't ask) so my car won't be moving for a couple months. What I plan on doing is talking to Todd at TCE about the project and see what he says about it. Lucky for me, TCE is only a short drive away so hopefully I can talk to him in person. If he can do it within my budget, I'll leave the car in their hands and let them go to work. And lucky for YOU guys, I'll be the guinea pig for this project, so if TCE happened to produce a "kit" for the conversion, it will probably cost you guys less than it will cost me.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back