The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

1g Fuel Pump Line, Some Help Breakin it loose

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Well I just went through one of the what some says is the hardest Upgrade on a 1g car mainly due to the fuel line fitting is usually so hard to bust loose.....

As Expected and predicted it was...............For a few Hours.......
Finally after screwing with it, I broke down and bought some high dollar Craftsman Line wrenches, $60 to be exact, Due to the fact that the cheap "Parts Store" Ones did nothing but start stripping the 14mm...
Good investment, With this known do NOT use cheap line wrenches you will only mar up the bolt...

This little trick was the most effective of all things I did * I broke the Nut LOOSE *
Its so simple I have no idea why I did not try it sooner since I frequently use this trick when needed....U think This is hard Try busting off bolts from a 50's Vw Bug that has been sitting in a Mud pit for 30 years.....

Step #1
Dunno if it helped or not but seams to have made it easy over all to remove the pump assembly, Use it on all the fittings...Let it set fro a while for best results...
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Step #2
What you do is Set you 14mm Against the floor of the car or as close as you can get it,
Ideally you want to bust off the nut from the 19mm side since its a larger nut with more surface area...

The 14mm should be down tward the passenger side of the car....
Take a LARGE Box end Wrench ( I used a 7/8th inch ) and place the boxed end thu the open end of the flair wrench * Mine was the 21mm side 19mm was still on the fitting*
Then you just steady it so that you can apply the Extra Leverage to bust the nut loose....

I was shocked how easy it came loose after all the struggle and damn near sheering off the line itself, I actually chewed the line up so much that the 14mm would no longer work for me and used vice grips but, this may not be a issue for anyone else with this little tip..

This Is Picture borrowed from VFAQ that should make this a Piece of cake......Combined with the leverage trick, And the PB Blaster oil should bust loose with ease ...

For a Full Install Writeup and a Few Other tips Not mention in this thread Go to.....
http://vfaq.com/mods/pump-WB-1GAWD2-print.html

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back