The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

1g Factory Alarm Gremlins...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

femmeDSM

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 31, 2004
D/FW, Texas
As the title states, i'm having some strange problems with my factory alarm.

About a week ago, I unlocked the car with the key, as usual, and the headlights starting blinking. I figured this was the alarm, so I attempted to turn it off by starting the car -- nope, still blinking. Since the first occurence, this has been happening maybe 1 out of 3 times that I get in the car. Whenever the car decides to do this, the only way to get the lights to stop blinking is to turn on the headlights. Otherwise, I am driving around with my lights blinking, looking like an idiot.

I figured that there was something wrong with the door lock sensor at the alarm (if there is such a thing), but then the plot thickened....A few days later, it started doing the same thing when I popped the hood (with KOEO, which should have meant that the alarm was disabled, correct?)

So, apparently, I am somehow triggering the alarm from various sensors, randomly. Is there like a central "control unit" to the alarm that could be bad? Is there a way to reset this so that the alarm will work properly?

I like having the alarm on nights that I have to leave my car parked outside.....Any help would be appreciated.

Also, I don't always see the little green "Security" light on my dash when I leave the car...Most of the time, it does come on, but lately I haven't been noticing it as much. :(

I am having the EXACT same problem. No one seems to know what Im talking about. If you have any info, please share. ANother problem I have is that as soon as I unlock the doors, they lock after 1 second by themselves.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back