The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

1g engine harness removal

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShaneShane2510

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 7, 2012
Brooklyn, Wisconsin
simple question..how do i remove the engine harness? any help would be great! thanks!:thumb:

simple question..how do i remove the engine harness? any help would be great! thanks!:thumb:

Disconnect connectors under the stereo, ECU and the (passenger area after blower removal (same for engine bay).
Remove blower and A/C box under the dash.
Remove tweeter on top of the dash to access one or the blower bolts.

It would be 1000 times with pictures but i don't have any at the moment, if you wanna go ahead and remove the dash do it, but you don't have to (telling you from experience).

i would reaaallllyyyy like to not remove the dash. could you be a little more discriptive? i have the glove box out and a few bolts out that hold the box up, but it is still in there tough. im not sop worried about removing from this car, but when i put this harness in my other car id really like be able to put it in with out taking the dash out. thanks! greatly appreciate the help!:D

i would reaaallllyyyy like to not remove the dash. could you be a little more discriptive? i have the glove box out and a few bolts out that hold the box up, but it is still in there tough. im not sop worried about removing from this car, but when i put this harness in my other car id really like be able to put it in with out taking the dash out. thanks! greatly appreciate the help!:D

Ok with the glove box out remove all the gold (14mm or 12mm i don't remember) bolts you can see from the 2 plastic boxes you see under there, there is a couple up top, also make sure you remove the lines from the engine bay side going to 1 of those boxes, when done try to find some black little clips and push them in after that you can pull them out.

I'll try to find pictures.

okay heres what i got. i got two 12mm bolts out, they look almost like an anodized goldish. and i was only able to find one of those clips on the bottom end of it. the motor is out of the car so all of the coolant and what not is out of it. i feel like i am closer then i was before but i am still stuck a little bit.

Basically the wire harness is bolted to the inner firewall, you just need to remove everything in the way just so you can reach the plastic brackets that hold the harness to the wall.

okay heres what i got. i got two 12mm bolts out, they look almost like an anodized goldish. and i was only able to find one of those clips on the bottom end of it. the motor is out of the car so all of the coolant and what not is out of it. i feel like i am closer then i was before but i am still stuck a little bit.

There is around at least 6 down there, look closer look on top, remove the speaker/plug on to of the dash....

Just follow the wiring. From the ecu, the harness runs up the firewall and comes into the engine bay at the battery. Inside the car you will have to pull the glove box, A/C exchanger and fan motor. The upper nuts are hard to see and will take a deep well socket. You will have to unplug the sensors. The A/C box has a small box on top of it that will prevent the box from dropping, you will have to work with that and you will have to 'jerk' the condensation tube throught the firewall. The wiring harness is behind the sound deading liner, so that will have to be cut. The plastic strain relief clip in the fire wall can be collapsed from inside. Remove screws/clips from the firewall and pull the wiring harness out into the engine bay.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back