The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

AC Harness Removal

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swade

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
joplin, Missouri
I was going to remove the AC harness on my 1g that runs to the AC fuse box on the drivers side. A lot of these wires T into wires that go to the main fusebox/into the car. Has anyone removed this? Just cut the part off the AC harness and everything worked fine? Let me know. I would assume since it is just T to the AC fuse box that it wouldnt cause a problem, but thought I would ask just to make sure.

swade

You really need a schematic to remove that portion of the harness. You can just unplug the a/c fuse box and leave the harness alone. If you go through the trouble on removing the a/c wires go ahead and do a relocation of the main fuse box also. A good multimeter is a must have for this job too..

Here you go. These should help you out.:thumb:

Attachments

• 41975881.gif
    41975881.gif
    25.1 KB · Views: 316
  • 41975882.gif
    41975882.gif
    32.6 KB · Views: 309
  • 41975883.gif
    41975883.gif
    29.1 KB · Views: 261
  • 41975884.gif
    41975884.gif
    45.4 KB · Views: 274
Last edited:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

So with the pics, would I be safe to just cut the blue wire off (go to the ac fuse box behind driver side strut) tape it up and then heat shrink/loom the whole thing. The main fuse box is being moved to the center console as thats what has started this whole thing, eliminating wires that have to be lengthened.

swade

Cut it off. It won't hurt anything at all. I'm considering relocating the fuse box to the glove compartment. I'm curious to see how your turns out.

This is just to thin the harness out. A buddy and I are working on a disconnect for the fusebox harness once in the cabin incase it needs to come out or something happens the harness doesnt have to be cut.

swade

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back