The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

1g Eclipse diagnostic port no power

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SOUTHERREAPER

Probationary Member
May 12, 2017
Gainesville, Georgia
So today I tried to see what codes was stored in my 93 eclipse 1.8l cel is on I was using a genesis with obd2 to obd1 adapter I could not get power from my diagnostic port I checked all my fuses and they all looked good I'm not familiar with obd1 just ob2 I know obd2 has a fuse for diagnostic port I tried running grounds with no luck from a pin out I also tried using a test light to see if my adapter was the problem with no luck and I'm not sure if there is already a topic on this if so could someone point me in the right direction

I wouldn't bother with an OBDII reader on an OBDI car. Not sure what adapter you have or if it would even work, but reading codes on an OBDI car is so easy with a regular old analog voltmeter, a 12v electric buzzer as noted in the first link provided, LEDs configured for 12v, or a datalogger, there's no reason to complicate it.

BTW, you can read the codes at ECU pin 1. You don't have to run new wires for the diagnostic port.

I wouldn't bother with an OBDII reader on an OBDI car. Not sure what adapter you have or if it would even work, but reading codes on an OBDI car is so easy with a regular old analog voltmeter, a 12v electric buzzer as noted in the first link provided, LEDs configured for 12v, or a datalogger, there's no reason to complicate it.

BTW, you can read the codes at ECU pin 1. You don't have to run new wires for the diagnostic port.
Thank you for the information that makes my life a lot easier I was trying to use a obd2 to obd1 port adapter for Chrysler/Mitsubishi 84-94 it came with the genesis touch because the genesis reads everything you can freeze frame it does short term and long term fuel trims checks sensor it can power on sensors but I figured out the codes it was air flow meter and temp sensor thank you for your quick replies and time sir I greatly appreciate it

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back