The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G 1999 gsx ecu in 1995 tsi and have no spark

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

overboosted1g

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 13, 2010
washington, Michigan
I installed a 99 gsx ecu in a 95 talon

talon is a awd auto converted to manual running a 7 bolt with 1g cas

put the flashable ecu with factory rom and no start or spark
freflashed the ecu with ceddyrom and no start or spark
re installed eprom ecu(was running on this) and starts fine
put the flashable back in and no spark

if we turn the cas by hand, with out cranking and the key on, the car produces spark.

while cranking with the starter the car will not produce spark

is there something we are missing?
the car has 12 volts at the coil and at the cas and it is still there while cranking.

as a test we pulled a 99 2.4 spyder ecu, unflashed and working, put it in and cranked with no spark.

:banghead:

Have you tried changing the firing order? I know the firing order in 95/96 differ from 97-99. I know looking at the motor, the firing order is 4-3-2-1 left to right and 4-1-2-3 left to right on the coil pack (4 obviously being the longest plug). Give that a shot maybe?

^^ What!?!?! 0_o

The 2ga CAS signals are inverted compared to the 2gb's. Which means, if you use a 2gb or a 1g CAS in a 2ga you need to swap the plugs. Such as etay89 said. Instead of a normal plug order (left to right) 4123 you need to go 2314.

For my future knowledge, the firing order is about the CAS, not the ECU? So if I took 95 eprom ecu and put it in a 99 with stock 7 bolt, nothing would change, but if I took a 95 eprom and put it in the 99 stock 7 bolt with a 2ga/1g CAS, then the firing order changes?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back