The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

1997 2gb gsx

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

With all your new HP that you will be getting, might be a good idea to get a new cluth and light weight flywheel.
I just ordered a SBC
http://www.tmzperformance.com/Mitsubishi%20SBC%20Clutch%20Kits.html
and got the ACT Lightweight Street Flywheel.
ACT Xact Streetlite Flywheel (DSM AWD 7 bolt) 600160 - Modern Automotive Performance
That's for a 7bolt. I assume yours is a 7bolt because not stated its a 6bolt.

As far as grinding in gears, revers. Different possibilites. You could have a bad master or slave cylinder, have you checked tranny fluids? I recommend Redline MT90 for tranny. For t-case and rear diff. Redline Shockproof.

When you are doing timing belt etc. Check out your Crank Pulley if its going out replace it, I would go with a Fluidampr. A OEM replacement crank pulley also will suffice.

Also you will want a MBC - I recommend Hallman Pro MBC
Fuel mods- everyone will suggets wallbro 255 lpr- with rewire kit. It;s probably a good idea.
Also you will want an AFPR - Aeromotive or Fuel Lab

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're dead set one getting a fifth gauge, get a volt gauge. I think it's the second to last pointless gauge (egt being first) you can get haha. And the 2g has a horrible alternator so if yours decides to take a shit ( like mine did) you'll notice it right away with that gauge at least.

And with the returned money from the intake, I'd get a nice fuel pump, most everyone will say a Wally, and I agree. Can't go wrong with tried and true.

Also, being that a fuel pump is only about $100, the rest of the money from the intake should be towards an afpr.

Most will say aeromotive, some will say fuel lab. I personally own a fuel lab and it's been great so far, no complaints

Like everyone else said ditch the egt and intake. After you get all your maintanence out of the way look into a forced performance 4" intake, dsm link, bigger injectors and holset turbo set up.

blahhh what everyone else is doing...but hey it works. On my 2g, I like my Injen intake...but yeah it's expensive and larger diameters are cheaper. I went with an MHI 20G so it worked out great on both of my setups. Stock maf is good enough for 400hp.

Either way looking forward to the build :rocks:

Like mentioned above if you're positive you want 5 gauges, go for a battery volt gauge, IMO 5 gauges in a pillar look too funky, i would just get me one for 3 or 4 gauges. Good luck on your build man, looking fwd to the end results:dsm:

Like mentioned above if you're positive you want 5 gauges, go for a battery volt gauge, IMO 5 gauges in a pillar look too funky, i would just get me one for 3 or 4 gauges. Good luck on your build man, looking fwd to the end results:dsm:

Lol I don't think he is putting 5 gauges on the pillar. 3 in the pillar, 2 in the gauge cluster (I assume).

The 20g will be a nice turbo btw. Any other pictures of teh car? It is gawgus!

I have the 3 gauge a pillar pod and the steering column pod that has 2...

I really want dsmlink but if you say i need fuel upgrades, I'll get em..

Trans shop called and said they will have a fix, price and time to pick up my car tomorrow at 4:30 :D

And some guy is looking at buying my chevelle this Sunday :(

A tuning device along with fuel upgrades really go hand in hand with one another I'd say. That is, if you are upgrading the turbo, which you say your are. Cause with a bigger turbo, comes bigger fuel, which can't be used without a tuning device. Getting the picture?

In all reality, it's common sense. Walk before you run. Upgrade fuel, air, get basic maintenance done, tuning device. Then you can get to running with a bigger powerhouse

Yup stock t25 at the moment.. Trying to get this stuff figured out with MAP right now though..:ohdamn:

wow get a load of this shit.. tricity trans finally called me (cars been there for 2 days).. i sent it to have trans completely rebuilt and freshened up... they say they cant because they dont want to be LIABLE for anything because my starter, battery and downpipe were off... he said they need to "test drive" it to find out whats wrong before they fix it???? i told him "just rebuild everything in the trans, not a hard concept.. but he says "we cant until we test drive it to find out whats wrong with it, and we dont wanna rebuild it because we will be liable".. well no shit sherlock holmes, if your working on my trans or anyone else's for that matter, your gonna be liable, thats how life goes. idiots. :ohdamn: oh and this is after i had it towed to them (keep in mind, i told them the starter wasnt in it before i even had it towed).. so good fight to my $100 for the tow.

so on that note, if anyone knows a good trans shop in Arizona, let me know... i dont wanna rip my trans out, ship it, get it back and then put it in.. i just want it rebuilt and givin back to me..

Last edited:
Well that sucks. If you can't find a shop that will do it. I say take the time and just remove it. I have done plenty and yes it is a pain but it doesn't take too long. Also get a friend to help and should go pretty smooth.

sorry ive been away for 3 days, i had stuff to do with the Army, but im back now :D

yea, i talked to the owner and he said "im sorry to hear that and once you get it running right and bring it back, ill make sure your the first customer and ill do something about the $65 tow fee"
I said "well you guys can keep the $65, because i dont plan on bringing my vehicles here anymore, i called Aamco and they said they'll do it, no problems." :thumb:

and yes i did get a $200 ticket. :barf:

yea it does bro.. so i just got my FMIC today... i want my GSX back from the shop :(

No call from Aamco yet.. but we just got them as an account for our tires.. so hopefully i get a deal now :thumb:

Attachments

• securedow1nload.jpg
    securedow1nload.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 87
Lol well good guess buddy.. did you get blue or black couplers? wish i couldve got white or red... i was planning on doing 7 spoke black rims 18".. but they arent coming out for another 2 months... so i think im going with almost the same style but 18" 6 spoke gold ones... either one will look clean with the white

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back