The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GST

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I started out today by doing a full coolant flush and refill. I've never performed that process on a 7-Bolt before and was happy to find a drain plug for the block. I've always wished my 6-Bolts had that. It also made flushing the system with distilled water in between the draining of the old coolant and the refilling of the new coolant much easier and more thorough.
Next, I installed an Ingersoll-Rand Boost Control Solenoid to accompany the boost control function in ECMLink V3. I also fixed some vacuum line mysteries left by the previous owner. The stock fuel pressure regulator was hooked up to a vacuum port on the intake manifold and the stock fuel pressure solenoid was looped off but still plugged into the engine harness. I'm not sure what purpose this would serve or if it was even done with intent. Regardless, I returned both the fuel pressure regulator and the fuel pressure solenoid to stock form using vacuum diagrams in the factory service manual. I'm looking forward to seeing how it runs now and delving into the Boost Control function of ECMLink. I'm also happy to have the piece of mind of another maintenance area having been addressed.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back