The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners

• Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Feal Suspension

1995 talon wont Idle on a cold start

em5780

Proven Member
Sep 16, 2008
bogota, New_Jersey
hey my 1995 just started giving me problems with idling when it was from a cold start. I need to hold the gas a little bit to keep it running but when the car is warmed up it idles fine. im sure this is a quick fix i just dont know where to start.

95blackGsTurbo

DSM Wiseman
Aug 10, 2003
Algona, Iowa
Check your Idle Air Control and your Coolant Temperature Sensor. Check the CTS first as that is the most common issue with a rough idle until warm up. Also if you can check to see that your o2 sensor is functioning properly if both check out ok.

Attachments

• untitled1.jpg
    untitled1.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 86

em5780

Proven Member
Sep 16, 2008
bogota, New_Jersey
thanx man one of these has to fix the idle, ill hop on that

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Feal Suspension Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com OHM Racing Raven Fabrication RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing SouthBay Fuel Injectors STM Tuned VR Speed Factory

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Latest Classifieds