The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

1995 Eagle Talon TSI AutoMatic Tanny Issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

91gstman

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 11, 2003
New_YorkUS
I have 1995 eagle talon tsi automatic, long story short, my car goes from 1st gear, to 3rd gear,and when i come to a complete stop it drops to 2nd, i have no overdrive all of a sudden even though my overdrive is activated, i checked the fluid level and its on point, no leaks or anything, the tranny was rebuilt not to long ago with brand new parts, im thinking a module or switch might have burnt out cause i was wiring up my radiator fans with a power probe,after that is when the car started driving weird, i had a check engine light on and the code was PO700(Transmission Control System Malfunction ) also the car if its in drive its like neutral, and if i put it in d1 its drives like regular drive, i want to know if theres any sensors on the tranny i can change or if this is a sympton of a bad (TCM,TCU)....i highly doubt the transmission is bad though... I'm hoping someone had similar issues and can address this, ANY HELP,IDEAS,OR SUGGESTIONS will be greatly appreciated as to this is my daily driver and ONLY means of transportation as of now....

you can email me @ [email protected] , with any helpful information..

It's either your TCU (transmission control unit) which is a transmission sensor. Or it could be that your end clutch went out. That is the part that catches your overdrive (4th gear). My end clutch went out recently. But I still have 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.

Swap a tcu, change tranny fluid if you haven't completed flushed & refilled it yet. Then last, but not least.... end clutch failure. What brand parts were used during your rebuild?

It's either your TCU (transmission control unit) which is a transmission sensor. Or it could be that your end clutch went out. That is the part that catches your overdrive (4th gear). My end clutch went out recently. But I still have 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.

Swap a tcu, change tranny fluid if you haven't completed flushed & refilled it yet. Then last, but not least.... end clutch failure. What brand parts were used during your rebuild?

Thanks for the reply, as far as wht brand parts was used im not sure, when i brought the car the kid told me the tranny was rebuilt and on the receipts he gave me it stated that all seals,gaskets,clutch was replaced and the torque convertor was rebuilt, the car was driving perfectly fine that day, then after wiring up the fans it started acting up, maybe a wire touched somewhere that i was unaware of, also where is the TCU located and do you know where i could buy a new one??

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back