The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

1993 galant rough idle

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Julio_1G

Proven Member
May 12, 2016
Houston, Texas
I have a 1993 galant 4g63 sohc and i have a problem with it at idle. Though the rpm stays steady you still feel almost like a small misfire and it feels like its chocking itself until it goes above 1500rpm and smooths out. Ive done a compression test and it came back good with cylinders reading 185-190. recently i changed 2 fuel injectors because they were clogged and am wondering if i should change the other 2 also to see if it would help. things ive changed: distributor, plugs, wires, fuelp pump but that was because it sat for like 6 months because it wouldnt start.

**UPDATE**
i decided to go ahead and replace all 4 injectors which solved my idling issue. now the only problem left is a rough cold start to where it feels like its choking itself for like 2-3 seconds and then goes away. Only happens after cold starts when the car has been sitting for a couple of hours.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back