The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

1992 TSI AWD talon, how to tell if its 6 bolt/4 bolt

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TurkF26

Supporting VIP
Sep 6, 2003
vacaville, California
i was wondering if there is anyway, besides taking parts off, to see if a 1992 AWD talon has the rare 6 bolt engine with the 4 bolt rear. can i look at manu. date, or look somewhere on the motor?? i figure its gonna have 4 bolt rear end either way but i want to know if its 6 bolt engine or not.

Check the production date on the vin sticker, which is on the driver's side door jam. I beleive pre- April 1992 (Aug. 1991 for me :D ), should be a 6 bolt/4 bolt, unless there was a swap afterwards. Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

you have to get under the car for both. look at the rear axle, where it bolts up to the hub. what do you see? 3 bolts or 4 bolts?

As for 6 bolt i believe there is something on the vfaq that talks about the way your oil pan is shaped. Something about a certain angle? i dunno. I'll let someone else take that one. LOL!

correct me if im wrong but all 1992's have 4 bolt rears right??? so if the production date is before april 1992 then its a 6 bolt motor??? i was hoping to find out before pulling tranny off to redo clutch and stuff

TurkF26 said:
correct me if im wrong but all 1992's have 4 bolt rears right??? so if the production date is before april 1992 then its a 6 bolt motor??? i was hoping to find out before pulling tranny off to redo clutch and stuff

Should be, unless, as I said, there was a motor swap in its lifetime.

cool cool gonna check that tomorrow. hopefully ill have a 6 bolt engine in there :)

cool. thanks for your help. looks like ill just run my hand up the pan and feel it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back