The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

19" wheels

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bNasty

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 15, 2009
Chantilly, Virginia
ok so i searched around but didnt really find wht i was looking for. I was thinking about getting some 19" wheels on my 2g im planning on dropping the car 2" on some coilovers is this setup ok. Will it rub i realize i might have to roll the fenders but i jus wanted to know if setup was done/worked
Pics?

The tire size is 225/35/R19 btw

These are the wheels im lookin at
medianl-1.jpg picture by bordeniuk - Photobucket

I have seen 19's on a 2g before you have to put a camber kit in. I dont rember what size tires they were runing tough. I also dont know if you can drop it 2" with 19's.

i dont see the problem with 19" wheels but dropping it 2" will just eat your rubber off your wheels 225/35/19 is perfect tire for them ils seriously look at what you want it for aswell? if its a show car then by all means thats cool but a dd then ild drop it about 1" maybe just a tad more!! ## best bet is to go and get 18" with 225/40/18 tires and then dropping it 2" as with 19" wheels your going to raise the car aswell dont forget! just think about it befor you do anything? also what coilovers are you looking at?

19's are sick n nasty but you pay so much more just for that tire size because its not a common size.

Also 18's look just as nice tucked in there and slammed. IMO save the money FTW

I am also in the market right now looking for some new rims. I am looking at 17's but most likely going to go with 18's. One shop I went to recommended I put 20's on my car LOL. My car is already dropped 2.5 inches and 20's well I just had to laugh at the guy and leave his shop.

Whatever you do don't get a coilover kit from ebay,the guy i bought my car from had a set on the car and when i picked it up and drove it home every bump felt like i hit a huge pothole.... So when i get home to check it out all four springs were broke and all my struts were bottomed out and destroyed.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back