The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

19' wheels on a 2G?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

91TSi FWD

20+ Year Contributor
Jan 26, 2003
Edmonton, Alberta_Canada
Just wondering if 19' mags and tires would fit on a 1996 GSX without hitting the fender wall? Any help would be apriciated.

BTW- the tires which will be going on the car are OZ Supperlegga III's and Nito 555's.

I'm pretty damn sure 19' wheels wont fit but I have 19" wheels on my car ;). Depending on how wide they are and such, they should fit. My wheels are 19x8 with 225 tires, they fit fine.

What about a 99 GSX w/ a 1.5 drop? Will 19's still fit ? Thinking about
19 by 8 w/ 225/45.

Beware if you get 19s. You will have to get super low-profile tires to avoid speedometer inaccuracy and scraping. You might end up with bent rims if the roads around you area aren't really good. I am already scared with with 225/45/17s, because you need a freaking dune buggy to get around here.

Ya, you have to run 35 series tires to not have your speedometer off calibration. 45 series tires wouldn't work, they'd most likely rub like crazy. Space in the back is tight. It is kinda scary with potholes and all, just be really careful. And yes you can fit them with a 1.5 inch drop, I have a prokit. My wheels are 40mm offset if I remember correctly.

Yes they will get them...man i should have bought 19's...I just got these new wheel and have no miles on them and i want to sell them to..dammit I should have got 19's so get 19's..woo hoo..

I'm pretty damn sure 19' wheels wont fit but I have 19" wheels on my car ;). Depending on how wide they are and such, they should fit. My wheels are 19x8 with 225 tires, they fit fine.
Do you think 225/45/19 will fit? It’s stock ride height

Way too tall, 225/35/19 is closer in diameter, circumference, and revs/mile to the factory tire than the other options. Once you have the diameter correct the next issue is offset and rim width.

I hope you have really smooth roads. I wouldn't put anything larger than an 18" on a daily.

225/40/19 tires do in fact fit at stock ride height, I have no rubbing or scrubbing and everything clears

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back