The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

16yr. old wins in DSM.......!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thats awesome to hear. All I ever hear 16 year olds talk about is hondas. I think the guy in the picture with the 1g has crabs or he is scared of loosing something.

i got into DSMs at 14 or 15, and the only talk you hear from me about hondas is how much i dislike them. im 17 now :)

There are plenty of us "dads" out there that can share the DSM hobby. 4 of my 5 son's currently have 1g DSM's (so do I). My TSi AWD, another TSi AWD, two GST's and a GS). My youngest (5th) is 14, but I expect he will be wrenching on a DSm when he is 15 to get it ready to be his DD. Then the family will be complete (or completely insane).

My son with the AWD wants to race me, when his car is ready. Maybe at the SO 2012!!

Congrats on the wins!!

Congrats!

As for the dads thing, my dad hated seeing me pour money into my car until he drove it (pre turbo swap) then he up and goes mid-life crisis and buys a stealth tt/rt and wants to mod, parents are fun aren't they?

Atanta Motorspeedway's Friday Night drags is an "Arm" Drop setup like Pinks.
They Run By class. Winner keeps advancing, the losers go home...

So No- at this point we do not have any slips...This Friday night we are taking it to a 1/4 mile strip. Test and Tune Night at Reynolds (Silver Dollar Raceway)

That is cool great job to you and your son and have fun racing let us know how the cars do>

awesome wonder what the guy in the mustangs face looked like as an import was taking him down. way to keep our dream alive.

i don't want my son to drive a turbo dsm. i guess i just dont trust him enough.
good job on the father son thing. i begged my dad for a week to kick a soccer ball with me. when he finaly did he kicked it twice and went back in the house. that was the only time he ever did anything with me. he stands in my memory as an example of what not to do with my son.

Congrats to both of you! Obviously, your son has some skills and deserve some props after doing so well at his first outing. Just think of his potential after a few more years of competition.

Congrats!!! If more parents took the time to get their kids involved in something that would keep them closer together their would probably be allot less teenage problems such as underage preg., the drugs, etc. Great job looking out Pops and to your son - Keep putting em on the trailer. :hellyeah:

DSMTTMFF!!! :D

I feel fortunate to have a dad that is all about them now. I didnt realize so many dsmers didnt have fatherly help.
my dad helped tune mine then from there helped me build it the 1st time then I started doing everything myself and now he has his own 95 talon that he has done up which is really cool. so now we both have 2gs mines faster and all raced out but its cool that we are able to get into what parts are better and stuff. our next project that i have waiting for me is a 92 awd auto talon that im gunna make a track car. although its nice to have him around for advice we argue a lot about what is better which we both have our own oppinions.
someone already asked this but was this bracket racing? and what kinda times was he running i cant see him running any better then an 8.5 at maybe 84mph.

its a nice thing to see, thing is me dad has a 70 chevelle with a 502..i dont stand to much of a chance haha

best advice i can can give to him is not to get into street racing

Watch timing with the SAFC. if you don't plan on switching to link or similar soon, you should at least set the base timing way back. By taking out 30% fuel you also add a TON of timing. Easy way to Blow up an engine... ask how I know... :D

Good luck!
Congrats!

Last edited by a moderator:
its a nice thing to see, thing is me dad has a 70 chevelle with a 502..i dont stand to much of a chance haha

best advice i can can give to him is not to get into street racing

I know what you mean, dads got a 72 SS but his is a 406, still enough power to run 9s(full weight). And 3 camaros. Slowest one runs low 11s. Don't stand much of a chance either haha, especially leaving off transbrakeROFL

congrats :)

I know what you mean, dads got a 72 SS but his is a 406, still enough power to run 9s(full weight). And 3 camaros. Slowest one runs low 11s. Don't stand much of a chance either haha, especially leaving off transbrakeROFL

where is the problem? Now you have set a target.
beating low 11s seems to be a good plan ;)

My dad is so not into DSMs... he just like V8s, everything smaller than a V6 is for bikes only.
But at least he admits that my car is fkn fast :applause:

Congrats. Great work keep us posted.

That is awsome!! My dad comes out and helps we with my cars. He is a bit clueless but now he can do most of it. Its nice having a common interest. It also keeps people active instead of sitting around being lazy and getting fat!!!

Thats awesome! Congrats!

I feel everyones pain, but Im the only girl in my family, I got it 100x worse. Every time I try to show my dad what I've done to my car lately, he asks me why I dont have any female friends, why dont I waste my money on clothes and shoes like normal girls, why don't I ask for makeup for Christmas instead of car parts, etc.

So not only did I not get help, my dad tried to keep me AWAY from cars -.-

Thats awesome! Congrats!

I feel everyones pain, but Im the only girl in my family, I got it 100x worse. Every time I try to show my dad what I've done to my car lately, he asks me why I dont have any female friends, why dont I waste my money on clothes and shoes like normal girls, why don't I ask for makeup for Christmas instead of car parts, etc.

So not only did I not get help, my dad tried to keep me AWAY from cars -.-

Sorry for OT, but if I would be in that situation (I'm quite not because of different gender :p). I would ask for makeup for Christmas and also add that he should select it careful because it have to match the car color 100%.
If that is to much trouble, a simple 16G Turbocharger would also make the deal ;)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back