The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

15" wheels on a 2g

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chet1185

Proven Member
Feb 15, 2014
trevorton, Pennsylvania
How would 15" wheels look? Don't want to really go smaller but I need different wheels. I will go to a junk yard soon but I'm just curious what everyones opinions are.

4 Enkei wheels and tires

Lol! Nah i was just looking for cheap replacements. The wheels that came on it are talon wheels and their 2 different sets.

I had the same wheels on my talon used them for the track. But they can be used with the right tire too as a daily.

I had the same wheels on my talon used them for the track. But they can be used with the right tire too as a daily.

Are you sure that AWD brakes clear a 15" wheel?

OP: A 15" wheel will seriously limit your braking options if you want to track/autocross your car. I wouldn't even clear 16" oem wheels and I have outlander brakes. Yes they are much larger, but it's a sweet setup for under $120.

Yeah, I'm not going to get them.

Thanks for the input guys.

OEM 16" 2G Talon wheels will JUST (a couple mm) clear GSX calipers. (I haven't tried 1G wheels)

Check kijiji locally.

I picked up a set of 4 16" 1g Talon wheels for $50, and there is a another set of 5 local to me for $50 again.

I think these things are worth more in scrap aluminum, by weight then they are selling for :)

15: wheels should clear as GSX calipers are the same as Galant VR4 calipers. VR4's come with 15" as stock wheels. I run them on my Colt.

You will get a better ride with the 15" tires with the taller sidewall, but handling will suffer

What does a Cuban national look like?

If you've been in Miami for more than 15 years, you should know exactly what I was getting at. You know, mini trucks with 10" wheels.

Fortunately, that kind of "style," if that's what you want to call it, has fallen out of popularity. (At least, on the west side of FL)

Uhm, not 15 but 55 years, I dont think it was any different than any other place,

as a matter of fact, not as bad as the slammed or hellaflush craze or very radical camber that is seen everywhere, a lot of people just go with whatever is the latest craze.

The Naples and Ft. Myers area seams to be just as bad or the same depends how you feel about it.

Anyways people should do to their car whatever makes them happy.

If the brake setup is the same on the 2G as with the 1G, even stock 14inchers that the 4G37 uses will fit.

I have the set of 14inchers (18570Rx14) on my vehicle for winter driving being all studded tires. I also had to get standard wheel nuts to fit the taper better in the steel rim than the ones for 16inch alum wheels which has very little taper.

They are about quarter inch less in circumference which reduces tire RPM at 60ph by almost two miles. Thus going 70 on the freeway by the speedo, radar would have me going around 68.5 mph.

Yet, did gain some nice power (and better mileage) due to the less mass rotation these smaller tires comes with, but can more easily break front end rubber when blipping the throttle to WOT in 2nd gear...the small disadvantage of a turbo in a FWD vehicle.

-DSM

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back