The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

$15 1 man pressure bleeder

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I just finished with a DIY pressure bleeder kit, so you can bleed your brakes or clutch system by yourself. I know there is a tech article out there made from a paint sprayer can, but not everyone has them or wants to spend x amount on one. So this is basically the same thing, but the Menard's/Home Depot way. I made mine for about $15 bucks. I got all my materials from Menard's, but I am pretty sure Home Depot has the same stuff?

When you go to Menard's or home depot you want to get a Lawn and Garden Sprayer. They come in about 4 or 5 different sizes, and the one I got is the smallest I could find, 1 gallon sprayer @ $7.89
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Then you wanna get some tubing. I grabbed some clear nylon tubing with a 3/8 I/D and an O/D of 1/2 X 20ft. They come in smaller rolls but I grabbed the 20 footer on accident. It was $3.37 anyway, so not expensive at all.Don't have a pic of the tubing, but you all know what it is.

Next is the hose barb to connect your nylon tubing to the black tubing coming off the sprayer bottle. I got a 3/8 X 3/8 hose barb splicer for $1.19. I cut the black hose about 6 inches away from the bottle and inserted the hose barb in the black sprayer hose, and the other in the clear nylon tubing.

Now its time to get a gauge so you don't pump to much pressure and risk injury to you or your car. I used a gauge off an old air compressor. But I seen them at Menard's for around $8. I drilled a 3/8 hole right next to where the hose comes out of the sprayer bottle so its easily visible. After I drilled the hole, I heated up the plastic material with a hair dryer so that my gauge would thread easily into the hole and when it cools, it'll be nice and snug. I pumped the sprayer to 30psi just to check if it would leak, and it didn't..

Now its time to make the brake master cylinder cap. I used the same method from http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/art...s/338169-el-cheapo-one-man-brake-bleeder.html this tech article. You want to put the PVC insert in the backside of the cap because if you don't, you will spill lots of brake fluid and we all know what that does to paint. I just installed a 3/8 threaded hose barb and JB welded the edges of the barb so it don't leak air or fluid.

And ther you have it. You just made a Pressure Bleeder for under $15 bucks, and this is what you should have cam up with?? You wanna cut the nylon tubing about 6-7ft length so you can set the newly made brake bleeder on the ground. Pour in what ever amount of brake fluid in the sprayer bottle that you think you'll need. I used a 32oz bottle from WalMart and I bled all 4 calipers with left over fluid. I used it last night to bleed my newly powder coated Cobra Brakes on my 2g AWD,and it worked great.

Attachments

• DSC06791.jpg
    DSC06791.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 678
Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back