The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

1G 3g eclipse 1 1/16" master cyclinder install on 1g

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

today i picked up a m.c. from a 2000 eclipse v6, me being curious i checked the bore suprisingly it was 1 1/16 inch bore!

now to show you some differences between 1990 tsi awd 15/16(yes 15/16!) and the 3g 1 1/16
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

as you can see on the left the thicker 3g and on the right 1g 15/16 m.c.

identifications

1g resevoir seal on the left and the smaller 3g seal on the right
first i tried to use the 1g resevoir seal the fit too tight even after trimming the third ring, so i ended up using the 3g seals if thought there not as tight but tight enuff to seal the fluid.
now with resevoir installed on m.c.
you also need to rebend your brakeline to be able to screw into the sidemounted brake line onput.
last, mount 3g m.c. on 1g brake booster, waahlah! finish product. now your pedal feel should be excellent, dont forget to throw on some dual pot calipers if you dont have them.

Next am gona upgrade my 8 3/4in master cyclinder to a 9 3/4 diameter m.c. From a 3g eclipse also these bigger brake boosters can be found in 3kgt vr4, diamante, etc. Hopefully I'll have more power assist...

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back