The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

10psi N/T engine turbo!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

It should be fine with supporting mods and a good tune. If it was a 420a I personally wouldn't go for more than 10psi. Just my 2 cents.

This a bench racing thread, which is not only against the rules, but ghey.

Get to a dyno and find out.

Im trying to get away from the dyno for a while until i forged my internals maybe by december im trying to figure a way out to reach the 270-80whp

It should be fine with supporting mods and a good tune. If it was a 420a I personally wouldn't go for more than 10psi. Just my 2 cents.

Its a n/t 4g63 engine 6bolt i know it could take it but the big issue its figuring the way, i saw somewhere a guy who made 320 on e85 at 19psi but im trying to keep it on the race fuel line...

This isn't bench racing you jack-offs. Go stick your bench racing hard on's in a bench vise and clamper down.

Yes you can up the boost to 16psi, as long as you have the fuel for it.

I used to run mine just like that. With full timing too. What would happen is after a while my car would feel really slow, because small amounts of knock over time would set the octane to 0, and then you have really retarded timing. I never broke anything like this in the 4 years I had it.

Do you have any way to tune? If you could pull about 1-2* of timing out of the top two load rows in the timing map, it would help a bunch. You could probably get away with setting your cas back to 2 or 3* btdc. It still might knock some and pull timing, but it shouldn't be as bad.

Just make sure you log it for a bit (several pulls) and see whats going on. As long as your knock counts are under 5, you should be ok.

I certainly wouldn't go much past 16psi unless you have full timing control.

I was the one you read about making 320whp on E85 450's and a dieing china 16g. When I took that motor apart it had broke ringlands on all 4 pistons. But that was after a few 30psi 25* advance 15:1afr 1g mas over run pulls.

Wow. I'm on the fence right now about whether or not to turbo my 94 NT 7-bolt, or just replace the engine. Ya' know, you can get a complete, running, 6-bolt turbo long-block for under $500? I bet your "forged internals" are gonna cost a lot more than that, and you still won't have the groovy piston-cooling oil squirters.

This isn't bench racing you jack-offs. Go stick your bench racing hard on's in a bench vise and clamper down.

I used to run mine just like that. With full timing too. What would happen is after a while my car would feel really slow, because small amounts of knock over time would set the octane to 0, and then you have really retarded timing. I never broke anything like this in the 4 years I had it.

Do you have any way to tune? If you could pull about 1-2* of timing out of the top two load rows in the timing map, it would help a bunch. You could probably get away with setting your cas back to 2 or 3* btdc. It still might knock some and pull timing, but it shouldn't be as bad.

Just make sure you log it for a bit (several pulls) and see whats going on. As long as your knock counts are under 5, you should be ok.

I was the one you read about making 320whp on E85 450's and a dieing china 16g. When I took that motor apart it had broke ringlands on all 4 pistons. But that was after a few 30psi 25* advance 15:1afr 1g mas over run pulls.

O it was you dam nice man!! Right now all i have for tuning its a MAF-T with a data logger but im runing an eprom ECU so thats my advantage i know theres no way i could retard timing with a MAF-T but i do with a key diver, Ok mods are ported B16G,OBX RACING MANIFOLD,Port and polished 02 housing, 3" downpipe with 2.5 Exhaust, FPR at 40psi, evo mr 560cc injectors, NGR blow off valve, 2.5 hard pipe upper and lower, HKS big fmic, OBDI data logger with a 2.5 maf-t, eprom ECU socketed, have a turbo exhaust cam witch i could throw in but im not sure if it would help in anything.... you think with this set up i could see the 16psi or maybe just maybe a little more?

Wow. I'm on the fence right now about whether or not to turbo my 94 NT 7-bolt, or just replace the engine. Ya' know, you can get a complete, running, 6-bolt turbo long-block for under $500? I bet your "forged internals" are gonna cost a lot more than that, and you still won't have the groovy piston-cooling oil squirters.

Well bro im working my way up to project my DSM but before trying to achieved something big i want to see what a n/t could do i want to prove all those n/t DSMer what this engine could and i almost have the hole rotating kit im just missing the pistons and rings witch i might get the Ross 8:5:1 heard so many good things about it...a 500$ stock block its not going to be able to push what a bottom build block would!

Last edited:
didn't sound like bench racing to me...

+1 Doesn't sound like bench racing, just sounds like someone asking how far they can push something on their current mods. Suggesting he goes to the dyno and push it until the engine takes a shit is not only stupid but makes said people seem like they have down syndrome.

For example if you ask how many pounds you think you can run with 650s and I say "Run 50 pounds and see what happens, until then you're bench racing." See how retarded that seems?

hey i have a quick question for you. i have a 4g67, im wanting to throw a 14b on, im going to be using 92 on evo 560cc with a rewired dsm pump or 255, im going to be running link with a vr speed front mount gm maf and 3inch. you think that i could handle say 12-16psi?

hey i have a quick question for you. i have a 4g67, im wanting to throw a 14b on, im going to be using 92 on evo 560cc with a rewired dsm pump or 255, im going to be running link with a vr speed front mount gm maf and 3inch. you think that i could handle say 12-16psi?

I'm not sure what a 4g67 is. I think is some sort of a 1.6l? The chambers are 4cc smaller, but I dunno what the compression ratio is. If its under 10:1 you should be just fine, just make sure you watch your knock. My guess is you'll end up with somewhere near 15* advance at 7000@12 psi. Should be fun. I'd consider getting some 264's or 272's (any kind except BC), a 7cm housing for the 14b, and a smim, so you will make power up around 8000. at 12 psi you might be over 350whp on 92 oct. AND, it will be better for your fwd because there wont be as much low end torque.

Good luck with it!

I just realized I had posted in this thread when I hadn't meant to. My reply was meant for another thread, I guess I shouldn't browse multiple threads in multiple windows on my phone at the same, sorry OP.

I'm not sure what a 4g67 is. I think is some sort of a 1.6l? The chambers are 4cc smaller, but I dunno what the compression ratio is. If its under 10:1 you should be just fine, just make sure you watch your knock. My guess is you'll end up with somewhere near 15* advance at 7000@12 psi. Should be fun. I'd consider getting some 264's or 272's (any kind except BC), a 7cm housing for the 14b, and a smim, so you will make power up around 8000. at 12 psi you might be over 350whp on 92 oct. AND, it will be better for your fwd because there wont be as much low end torque.

Good luck with it!

its the dohc 1.8l same block, lighter weight crank 9:1, i have a set off fp2 and springs i can run.

its the dohc 1.8l same block, lighter weight crank 9:1, i have a set off fp2 and springs i can run.

Oh, ok. So its a short stroke 4g. Yeah put them fp2's in it, and get a good intake! Make sure you get a 7cm exhaust housing for it. That will work perfect! Keeping the boost down will let the 14b keep the airflow up into the higher revs.

Oh, ok. So its a short stroke 4g. Yeah put them fp2's in it, and get a good intake! Make sure you get a 7cm exhaust housing for it. That will work perfect! Keeping the boost down will let the 14b keep the airflow up into the higher revs.

ya i was looking at the 7cm housing, small bore, same 88mm stroke just light weight crank. same rods. smaller pistons. i need to find a good 2g intake manifold

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back