The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

1 fuel injector not pulsing after engine gets hot.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rednesss

Probationary Member
Jun 22, 2003
OregonUS
Bone stock '91 Eagle Talon TSI

I'm having a bit of an intermittent problem. #2 injector likes to stop working after the engine warms up and is driven and then shut down; hop in car, run to store, turn off engine, come back, start it up and the car's running on 3 cylinders. After everything cools off, it works again. I put a noid light on the injector wire when it's not working and there's no juice to it, when I first start it up cold, the noid light works fine. I checked the resistor pack according to the manual, everything was at about 5.6 ohms. I'm at a loss, don't know what would cause it to do this when it's hot and not when it's cold, I thought for sure it would have been the resistor pack. Anybody got any ideas????

After it was failing, it had cooled down a bit. I'll try and get the problem to repeat itself and then test it immediately afterward and see if it is still reading around 5.6 ohms. If it is bad, where do I get a new one?? Is it a dealer only part??

Measured it right after it was not firing #2 injector, and all of the pins came out around 5.6-5.7 ohms. It has 12v on both sides of the injector plug, could it be the ECU not closing the circuit??

Will do, what would explain the fact that the noid light doesn't pulse when connected to the injector pigtail?? Could a bad injector cause the ECU to go gunny bag???

Measured the resistance between the two poles on the injector itself, completely open, not making any sort of resistance like the other one that I measured. So I'm guessing that the injector is screwed up and is messing up the ECU.

Wouldn't explain it at all but before chasing the other direction it's best to make sure the injector isn't a problem.

And I see it hits pay dirt. Replace the injector and see if your done.

You know where I can get one cheap?? Auto Zone wants $187 for a new one. Youch.

I'm having this same problem. Swapped in a working injector and the problem still exists.

Just had the same problem this past weekend. Tried another set of injectors, another resistor pack and another 1g cam sensor and nothing, same problem. Installed my back up ECU and she ran on all 4 again. It was cyl 2 injector that wasnt getting pulse from ECU too.

Sorry for bringing this back but Mine is having the exact same problem as OP. When car is cold to medium warm it runs well, if it gets hot the injector fails to open intermittently. I've checked the injector resistor pack and it's all good. compression is good and I'm getting spark.

- Not sure if it's old wiring that's frayed?
- the injector seems to not open sometimes but others it's fine.

any ideas? I'm going to hopefully swap some 560's into the car today.

Yeah, when cold it shows between 3-5 on my on my multi meter when cold, but at hot i can't get a reading off of it!

The symptoms seem corrects for a bad injector right?

My bro had some 450 injectors ( my car is bone stock 92 TSi fwd) that were from his awd 92 but the tips of the injector insulator was like half inch longer than my 450 with shadow insulator tip. Point of that was it didn't work. Do I'm choosing wisely were I drive currently LOL, until I can get some new injectors and seals.

Yep, open coil when hot.

All the original 1G 450cc injectors had the same single hole pindle caps, the 2G pindle caps have two holes intended to direct the injector spray into the two runners. Sounds like his may have had the pindle caps replaced with generic caps at some point.

New here and have the same issue on my Mitsu3000GT. What ended up being the fix? I've checked various things including ECU. I can start the car cold 100 times and drive no prob. But after warm, injector #1 is "open".... and misfire begins

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back