The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

1G 1.8L 1gb exhaust on 1ga

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrDasani

Probationary Member
Oct 6, 2021
Elk, Washington
Hey, I got a parts 1gb for a 1ga and I was gonna grab the exhaust from the 1gb for the other. I was wondering if it was gonna fit, I saw the mounts were in different place’s. Just makes me wonder if it will work. They are both 1.8l

According to the catalog, the front pipe is the only major component that is the same part number throughout the 1.8L production. Catalytic converter, center pipe, and main muffler all show different part numbers.

That said, you could always pull mounting brackets and hangers along with the exhaust from the 1GB and see if they will mount up on your 1GA. They systems rout the exact same way so I don't see a reason it wouldn't work.

According to the catalog, the front pipe is the same the only major component that is the same part number throughout the 1.8L production. Catalytic converter, center pipe, and main muffler all show different part numbers.

That said, you could always pull mounting brackets and hangers along with the exhaust from the 1GB and see if they will mount up on your 1GA. They systems rout the exact same way so I don't see a reason it wouldn't work.
Yeah as long as the path is the same, I don’t mind drilling a few holes. Would it be better to rub nut the holes or thread them using a tap and dye set?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back