The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Update on 1gb to 1ga Headlight conversion

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tintedglasses12

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 24, 2009
Belfast, PE_Canada
Some of you guys might have seen a thread awhile back about this. But I started it and here is my progress so far:D

This is how she started...

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

One the first fit ups....

This is just the passenger side. I'm waiting for sa fender for the driver's side, So I didn't want to show that :p

Last edited by a moderator:
So long story short my 90 had no front end when I got it so I converted to 1gb since I had a 93 parts car, but I recently got all the parts from another 90 to convert back to 1ga. Since I had the 1gb front I had to remove the 4 brackets that hold the lights on the front and I was wandering how you secured yours since yours doesn't have those brackets at all?

so, you've sucessfully made a 1g with flip ups work, that don't flip up. Nice, I remember when I had my 90, I used to blast down the highway with the lights only on park, and hold the high beams on so they'd illuminate through I always loved that look.LOL

I should have it done next week. I have to switch the dash harness for it to work, the only problem is that I don't have the center piece. It never came with the parts.

So you just cleared out the section under the headlight so it can shine through? Awesome! Mine are always falling down and I want to ditch the motors!

Haha we should have traded cars i did the exact opposite.

Attachments

• talon front.jpg
    talon front.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 237
  • motor install.jpg
    motor install.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 227
love the look and nice job :) btw where you get the corner lights and the side signals? im currently serching for both and the only store on ebay wont ship to pr.. :(

they were on the parts car I bought to do the conversion

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back