The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

1.5 60'?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oh ok sorry.

I dont know how this will help on 60 foots but maybe it will if theres a lot of slop in the suspension from old worn bushings. Ive never thought of that.

The kit has been proven to help with wheel hop by transfering more power straight to the wheels and less to suspension travel.

Im sure there more fwd specific though...
But yea why not everything helps.

If I was awd again I wouldn't be worried about any of this stuff to be honest I would get full out slicks and prothan mounts and just work on the launch. I knwo the OP is trying to do it on street tires but to be honest just get slicks and go get it easiest way.

If I was awd again I wouldn't be worried about any of this stuff to be honest I would get full out slicks and prothan mounts and just work on the launch. I knwo the OP is trying to do it on street tires but to be honest just get slicks and go get it easiest way.

Slicks + old AWD parts + Hard 2step/ or anti lag launches = broken parts....

Thats my issue with ever thinking about slicks at least...

For fwd, yea go straight to slicks at the track. Youd have a lot less to break.
Axles arent nothing...

Just by judging trap speeds you have a lot more power than he does , and 1gs are lighter.
For a 2g with 17s on it 1.7s are good.

1.7's are fair to me. I'm not happy when I get a 1.7 60 ft. Technique and alot of practice to find the "sweet spot" to launch your car will always make the biggest difference.

This girl has no issues cutting mid-low 1.6x's on her 2G on the street tires --> Jess . Practice! ;)

Well i just got my car out to the track yesterday...

5500rpm 2step building 13-14psi on the line, race gas in the tank, boost up to 28lbs.
Clutch was only rated for 350 lbs ft of torque.
I was trying to finnaly get a damn 1.6 60ft in this car.

Turns out, smoked the shit out of my clutch and now its perminently damaged.
After doing the launch as i went to nlts into 2nd the rpms just pegged like if i free revved it
so i shifted into 3rd to see if it would catch and did even worse, then i just put it in fifth and coasted.
I guess i was putting way too much power on it, and launching at 5500 mustve been harsh.
This is the first time i went to the track/ launched since i had cams, fp mani, cold air intake...

Guess its time for a 2900....

Then maybe i will be able to cut quicker 60s with a clutch gripping harder.

You can do what I did. And this was by complete accident. haha
Get 2 rear mounts, and put the other one in the front.
I ordered the whole car set from diamondstarmotorsport. While installing, I realized I had put the rear mount in the front cause the inserts did NOT fit in the rear. haha I already destroyed the rear mount. I called up diamondstarmotorsport and they helped me a lot. They called to see if they could even get individual peices of the kit, and eventually found out they could. So then they changed the website(all because of me!!!!) so that you could get individual pieces. The guy I talked to said, "If that really worked, I'm doing that to my own car".

I have 272s, and my car feels and sounds like it's going to rattle apart having all 4 mounts solid insltead of those inserts.

I have nothing to show for this, this it just what I think.

The 1st time I ever took my evo to the track, I pulled a 1.68, a 1.70, then another 1.68 60 ft. (I do have these time slips)
My gsx *feels* like it laucnhes harder than my evo. I have a fidanza flywheel, act 2600 with street disk, and all stock suspension/drive line. Other than poly control arm and sway bar mount bushings. Stock 16 in wheels. nothing special good year tires.
dsmchips stge 3 using the 5500 rpm 2 step.

Our track here is getting a brand new surface and has delayed the opening. And it's killing me. I want to take my gsx to the track so bad to find out the truth.

You can do what I did. And this was by complete accident. haha
Get 2 rear mounts, and put the other one in the front.
I ordered the whole car set from diamondstarmotorsport. While installing, I realized I had put the rear mount in the front cause the inserts did NOT fit in the rear. haha I already destroyed the rear mount. I called up diamondstarmotorsport and they helped me a lot. They called to see if they could even get individual peices of the kit, and eventually found out they could. So then they changed the website(all because of me!!!!) so that you could get individual pieces. The guy I talked to said, "If that really worked, I'm doing that to my own car".

I have 272s, and my car feels and sounds like it's going to rattle apart having all 4 mounts solid insltead of those inserts.

I have nothing to show for this, this it just what I think.

The 1st time I ever took my evo to the track, I pulled a 1.68, a 1.70, then another 1.68 60 ft. (I do have these time slips)
My gsx *feels* like it laucnhes harder than my evo. I have a fidanza flywheel, act 2600 with street disk, and all stock suspension/drive line. Other than poly control arm and sway bar mount bushings. Stock 16 in wheels. nothing special good year tires.
dsmchips stge 3 using the 5500 rpm 2 step.

Our track here is getting a brand new surface and has delayed the opening. And it's killing me. I want to take my gsx to the track so bad to find out the truth.

I thought the rear and the front were both inserts??? Atleast that's how it was when I had my 90 tsi

My prothanes only the front is an insert, and all the others are replacements.

I cut a 1.68 on stock mounts. That does sound like a neat idea then, I'd have all poly mounts instead of one with inserts. Interesting. IIRC single mounts are pretty cheap.

My prothanes only the front is an insert, and all the others are replacements.

I cut a 1.68 on stock mounts. That does sound like a neat idea then, I'd have all poly mounts instead of one with inserts. Interesting. IIRC single mounts are pretty cheap.

Hmm well makes me miss my 1g tsi even more than cause my prothanes I have for my 2gnt are inserts in the front and back

Awesome, I did not know about the snow tire thing!
I ran 1.65s on my AWD, tire pressures 15ish psi, potenza G009s, (cheapies) and a gutted rear seat area and such. Launch was at 5k, autozone clutch. 1.5s are defintly possible.

Awesome, I did not know about the snow tire thing!
I ran 1.65s on my AWD, tire pressures 15ish psi, potenza G009s, (cheapies) and a gutted rear seat area and such. Launch was at 5k, autozone clutch. 1.5s are defintly possible.

Your doing 1.65 60fts but only running low 15s.... What the hell LOL.
I run low 12s all day on pump gas and cant seem to get a damn 1.6 60 ft WTF

Also, about those snow/ ice tires again, are they horrible for Autox.
I like my cars handles and dont want to take away from my corner carving.
I want my 1.6 launch, but on the street my joy with the car is diving into corners fast;
( hence the suspension efforts in my profile mods.)
i dont know if straight line only tires are what i want...

Your doing 1.65 60fts but only running low 15s.... What the hell LOL.
I run low 12s all day on pump gas and cant seem to get a damn 1.6 60 ft WTF

Also, about those snow/ ice tires again, are they horrible for Autox.
I like my cars handles and dont want to take away from my corner carving.
I want my 1.6 launch, but on the street my joy with the car is diving into corners fast;
( hence the suspension efforts in my profile mods.)
i dont know if straight line only tires are what i want...

You do NOT want to run snow/ice tires for autocross unless you want to lose. They are ideal for handling in the worst of weather conditions; not the best (you already live in Florida).

These babies are ideal for drag racing use because of the soft sidewall and the design of the tread; on low pressures it will react like a wrinkle-wall slick.

If you are going to run a set of these, and you still want your car to be able to autocross, I would reccomend picking up a second set of rims to use these.

You do NOT want to run snow/ice tires for autocross unless you want to lose. They are ideal for handling in the worst of weather conditions; not the best (you already live in Florida).

These babies are ideal for drag racing use because of the soft sidewall and the design of the tread; on low pressures it will react like a wrinkle-wall slick.

If you are going to run a set of these, and you still want your car to be able to autocross, I would reccomend picking up a second set of rims to use these.

They'd be an additional pair if i were to get them.; but im just asking questions; I wouldnt have tried
those tires in Autox.
BTW, I want two different sets of tires for different purposes, so i didnt want to buy more Ventus Rs2's since i have
some on my car now.

Also considering the design of drag slicks and drag radials isnt the main idea to have the LEAST tread possible for traction at the track.
Im sure these ice tires do grab excellent in snow and other terrain though.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back