The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

ECMlink 02 reading issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I did, and I got my car to idle at 14.7 in closed loop but now my airflowperrev is at .2 which is way to low. My boost gauge at idle shows -10 vacumm so I think I have a vaumm leak somewhere causing some problems I'll dig into this weekend. It's been to cold in Kansas to go out and work on the car, tonight/tomorrow morning I'll turn the heater on and start working away and see what I can come up with.
Interesting. Go ahead and post a log so we can see how you fixed the problem....

I did, and I got my car to idle at 14.7 in closed loop but now my airflowperrev is at .2 which is way to low. My boost gauge at idle shows -10 vacumm so I think I have a vaumm leak somewhere causing some problems I'll dig into this weekend. It's been to cold in Kansas to go out and work on the car, tonight/tomorrow morning I'll turn the heater on and start working away and see what I can come up with.
I must have missed your post where you showed us what you did to fix the problem.

Because I know we'll never hear from OP again, I'll explain what the issue was to anyone reading: If your wideband switchpoint is off, you can get a scenario where the fuel trims and wideband don't make sense.

life got busy and i think ive drove the car three times sense starting this issue... when i first started this thread i was stuck on AFRratioEST, and i believe wideband factor. and after some research i came to conclusion at that point in time they where not important to me. its been long enough that i dont remember why i stopped watching those, i left them in the captured value but i took them off display to stop me from worrying about them. I did a boost leak test and i only found a small leak from a uncapped vaccum port, fixed it and i went for a drive and it didnt help with anything, went to get out the next day and it ran like crap. my MAP sensor vaccum line was rubbing against the timing belt. and it finally just split it in half, causing the car to idle and drive at 9 afrs and just run absolutely horrible... so i redid the map sensor as it was on small t with my boost gauge and i wanted it to have more airflow to it with a bigger vaccum line away from my timing belt, so i did that. and then i believe i manually adjsuted my speed density tables to make the car idle at 14.7 in closed loop. went for a drive and it seemed i was still lean in the top end so i adjusted my global fuel to get the top end running roughly where i want it and then took away from my speed density table for the idling area. I havent looked at my afrratioest or anything untill tonight looking back on this thread, my combined fuel trims are still super high, my wb factor is maxed out, but my AFRratioEST, is about a 1 afr off of my wideband. my afrs are very jumpy. so ive got work to do on them. ill probably keep ignoring the afrest, and wb factor and so on. when i hit the rev limiter it causes the car to go into a limp mode for like 20 seconds and my and when idling itll be fine and then something changes and the car will go from 14.7 to 16-17s and idle there untill blip the throttle and let it idle back down. i did take a 40 minute drive log with everything in here mentioned i believe. i did look and my narrowband switch point isnt what its supposed to be at, i have it a 2.49 and its supposed to be around 2.35 and https://www.ecmtuning.com/wiki/dsmlinkloggableparams this link from ecmlink helped me alot figuring out what wideband selection i was supposed to use. i realize i have the wrong one selected so i may try to change that over as well. a guy came out with a new video that i watched today at work with setting up aem wideband and hopefully is coming out with more. so ill change my narrow band switch point and mess with the gauge preset thing. and go for another drive. so car is semi fixed but new problems have shown up and so as i keep going ill update this thread, may just start my own build thread... sorry for the lengthy update. also my boost gauge is still around -12 at idle, and airflowperrev are still at .2
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Attachments

• most recent.elg
    1.5 MB · Views: 19
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back